Most durable rangefinder?

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Ok so i used a sig kilo 2000 for a few years, I started to have issues with it on a late season hunt. It didn’t want to range on the hunt so I bought the vortex 4000. The vortex started having the same issues after a year of use and started giving me false readings. Is there anything on the market that you would consider a bullet proof rangefinder? I was thinking of trying the lecia, I am primarily a rifle/ muzzy hunter.

Bummer I was really hoping to upgrade to a razor 4000 since I don't care about built in ballistics but from what you said it sounds just like the rangers (1300 and 1800) I've had.

False readings as in wrong or just not reading?

My ranger 1300 failed the first weekend in the field and my 1800 (my replacement) failed a year and a half later. Mine wouldn't read even with a new battery in the field ranging animals, houses or big flat rocks no issues. Both times they said in their note they weren't fixable and I got a new one. These weren't far distances either I'm guessing less than 4-500 yds.

It really sucks spending time from scouting, getting time off work, traveling, stalking in. Then the final step before pulling the trigger, your rangefinder acts up and you are trying to fiddle with OnX to get an approximate range.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

OP
Pistolpete28

Pistolpete28

Lil-Rokslider
Bummer I was really hoping to upgrade to a razor 4000 since I don't care about built in ballistics but from what you said it sounds just like the rangers (1300 and 1800) I've had.

False readings as in wrong or just not reading?

My ranger 1300 failed the first weekend in the field and my 1800 (my replacement) failed a year and a half later. Mine wouldn't read even with a new battery in the field ranging animals, houses or big flat rocks no issues. Both times they said in their note they weren't fixable and I got a new one. These weren't far distances either I'm guessing less than 4-500 yds.

It really sucks spending time from scouting, getting time off work, traveling, stalking in. Then the final step before pulling the trigger, your rangefinder acts up and you are trying to fiddle with OnX to get an approximate range.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Yes I was struggling on my last hunt, because my rangefinders didn’t want to work. I got the sig to work to almost 600 and it ended up working out. The vortex 4000 won’t read and when it decides to it will give me a number that is way off.

excaliber

WKR
I have a Sig2200 and so far it's been fine but I've not really had the chance to use it as much as I'd like. If I were wanting to buy the best I'd look at the Leica's.