Most expensive piece of gear you've lost on a hunt?

generalist

Lil-Rokslider
Thankfully I haven't lost anything too bad. I somehow lost a sitka hoody in Idaho last October and a stabilizer off my bow today. What have you guys lost?

22lr

WKR
Saved my yard mowing money as a kid to buy a Gerber Gator folder... loved that dang knife. Lost it somewhere in the woods after field dressing my first deer... spent the next 3 years looking for it every time I was in the woods, but never did find it. Not super expensive, but I have been lucky so far with out losing too much.

sargent

WKR
It's a toss up. I lost a black Garmin GPS in the middle of a burn. On another trip, I drowned a camera.

Outlaw99

WKR
Apparently my benchmade mini bugout walked out of my pocket while hunting sometime in the last month

Conroy

WKR
I saw a buck bedded as I was going over a hill. I ducked down, took my glasses off and pull out my binos. I snuck closer to get a shot, and then went to the deer after. Realizing I lost my glasses, I went back to find them. Every sagebrush looks like same when you’re looking for something next to a certain one

2ski

WKR
My dad had a holster that was too loose for his gun. I think this was my first year hunting. We were out hunting antelope. At some point, probably jumping across a creek, the gun falls out. Tried to retrace steps and find it but couldn't. So there's a .22 revolver sitting on a ranch outside of Martinsdale that he lost.

HoytHntr4

WKR
Lost my Carter wise choice thumb release on a failed antelope stock in Wyoming a couple years ago. Walked all over where I had made the stock and never ended up finding it

Loper

WKR
Lost an Outdoor Edge Razor Lite after field dressing an antelope in WY. I know exactly where I left it and could have gone back to get it the next day but didn’t want to hike the miles out to go get it.

Also, set down a Nalgene bottle on a stalk once. From then on I switched to a bladder system.

kda082

WKR
Not hunting but lost my Ram key fob while clearing snow from a drive on New Years. Had a hole in pocket of bibs and guessing it got picked up and blown out into yard or street. $300 locksmith fee and I now have a key. Had 2 at one point but the other jumped from my pocket trail running years ago.

CoSwede

FNG
Several years ago my son came from out East to join me in a Colorado muzzleloader elk hunt. He had no gear for this type of hunt so I set him up with everyting, rifle, gps, binos etc... At the end of the first day he came back to say he had sat down on a log and was using the zeiss binos I had loaned him. He got up and continued his hunt and when he went to use the binos again they were gone. He was smart enough to use the GPS to retrace his steps but was never able to locate the binos. No biggie, things happen I said to him as he went out the next day. I bumped into him later that day and when I got to him he was obviously mad about something. He tells me he had lost the GPS earlier that day and had spent the entire morning trying to find it. As he's telling the story he hands me the rifle and says I'd better take it back as given his recent history he can't guarentee the safety of that rifle! He was pretty disappointed in himself at the time but we laugh about it now.

S.Clancy

WKR
I almost lost a GPS bird hunting one day. It had fallen off my bird vest somehow. I retraced my steps as best I could and my dog ended up smelling my scent on it and found it for me. I love that dog.

stonewall

WKR
I briefly lost a rangefinder I had borrowed from my dad. Actually found it. Lost a pocket knife in colorado. It’s lying next to a tree on top of a ridge where I ate lunch

MHWASH

WKR
I’ve lost two Spartan bipod. Had them in the cargo pocket of my pants, and they somehow fell out. The first time I was going through some thick underbrush blood trailing a bear, so I can understand losing that one. The second one I was walk some really open prairie antelope hunting.

Never lost anything of value hunting, but I once dropped my fly rod and reel into a Reservoir from my float tube. It quietly slipped into the water while I was photographing and releasing a large trout. $500.00 value. Here is a photo of the rod and reel, and a photo of the expensive fish. Yes, I felt like an idiot.

Attachments

• IMG_1807.jpg
    IMG_1807.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1717.jpg
    IMG_1717.jpg
    330 KB · Views: 176