Most expensive piece of gear you've lost on a hunt?

WJS23

WKR
I lost my carter amber2 elk hunting in Colorado last season, I was happy I brought a back up

Another funny lost was my brother hiked into the rattlesnake wilderness left his gps at the camp spot. So him and my husband went back in to retrieve it the next day and when they got there they didn’t find the gps right away because the squirrels tore it apart and chewed some of the plastic off. They eventually found it a few yards away

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jacobo2012

Lil-Rokslider
Buddy of mine lost a sweet pair of Leica binos on an archery elk hunt. stumbling down the mountain in the dark and forgot to clip them back into the harness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ohoopee

WKR
a new Scott fly rod and new hatch reel. Fell into river while drifting. I didn't realize
it was gone until loading the boat.

syoungs

FNG
I got a sweet set of Motorola talkabout radios for my 11th birthday right before my first deer season. Sat on an old 2 track road overlooking a nice little meadow, and left one of them sitting on a stump. I couldn't find it after I got back to the camp that day, and couldn't remember exactly where I left it.
Went back the next year to hunt the same area, sat down next to a stump to watch the same meadow, and put my hand down right on it! batteries were dead, but some new AA's and it was back to business.
Lost my first old timer hunting knife in the same meadow after I shot a little whitetail buck, but was able to go back and find it that night. Was sure scared of a monster bear getting me as I walked the 500 yds to the meadow, up a gravel road, from our "campsite" at a friends house.

rgroves79

Lil-Rokslider
Left my daypack on top of the car when loading up after a whitetail hunt. It was late and I was in a hurry after loading a deer and forgot to throw it in the car don’t know how far I made it down the road before it fell off. Pack was a Camelbak I had for 10 years and it had a Steep Country, Black Diamond headlamp, and a couple Kifaru pull-outs stuffed with misc gear. More upset about losing the pack itself because they don’t make it anymore and it was the first present my wife had ever bought me.

Had a buddy that pulled a similar whoopsie but it was his bow he left on top of his Tahoe. He got to see the truck behind him run it over when it finally slid off.

Lost a downrigger to the bottom of the lake that wasn't locked in the bracket all the way. Spent the day fishing with one instead of two.
We had that happen this year with an electric cannon downrigger. It's at the bottom of lake huron. We thought we may have been the only ones. Lost the rod combo and all the other goodies that go along with a downrigger too.

Comerade

FNG
Myself, I lost a decent pair of Steiner binoculars. I believe I put them on the wheel well of the horse trailer when I got back to the truck ( after dark) . I was pretty tired and when I am tired I will lose things. Bummer....just drove away.
Somebody has them now.

KsRancher

WKR
Fletchunter release. Shot a mulie buck and when I took it off to field dress him, I must not have got it back in the daypack. Loved that thing. Wasn't worth much as far a $. But my dad got it for me for when I started bow hunting. I had it for 16 years