Mother in law and the JUDGE

So about a year ago my 82 yo mil won the JUDGE in raffle that benefits youth. She was very excited, but has NEVER shot a gun, let alone a handgun. So after the election, she has been on me about buying ammo, get stocked up, take her shopping, where to get the most and best for her JUDGE.
She's all of 5'2" and about a buck-ten. So last night we visit the in-laws. She stars pimping me for ammo, and the father in law starts ragging on her about how she is never going to shoot it, can't handle it, etc.
At one point he turns to me and says" all I got to say is if you come knocking, you better ID yourself, otherwise I'll be taking two of you to the ER, one with a gunshot wound and the other with a broken wrist"

tuffcity

WKR
Is this the one that will shoot .410 shot shells? Get some #9 loads and let her go to town with it! lol

I have probably intro a dozen people to handguns over the years. For defense I almost always recommend a 38 revolver. Rarely a striker fire semi auto. One guy was hell bent on getting a judge. In the right hands, I am sure it is a capable weapon in the right hands but looking at videos it seems like it could be one of the worst options for a novice shooter. Perhaps worse than the slicked up single action 10mm some gun counter Rambo sold to a nice lady I know as her “ultimate self defense gun” because it was what he carried. I convinced her to sell it and get a nice hammerless smith 642 That actually fit her hand and purse. Your mother in law ought to sell that thing before she gets hurt.

Antares

WKR
I gave my brother a Judge as a gag gift once. I don't think he's ever shot it.

Opah

WKR
My 5' 1/2" 115 lbs wife shot every thing I owned all the way up to My LA 444 and 45/70.
If she is going to own it she should be shown to safely and effectively use it.
Now be the Good SIL and take her out buy some ammo from light to heavy and educate her.