Motorola T800 Radios?

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone used these? Thoughts on the technology? Useful, gimicky? So much tech these days.....

https://shop.motorolasolutions.com/t800-two-way-radios-dual-pack/product/B8F22204LBHAAW

From Motorola: The TALKABOUT T800 allows you to share and track locations with your travel companions. No cell service? No problem. Just download the TALKABOUT app and connect your smartphone via Bluetooth, and you'll have the ability to locate a friend’s campsite, share your current location and send messages, all while exploring off the grid. You can also control your radio settings from the TALKABOUT app. Skiing, hunting or at a music festival, the T800 has an IPX4 rating and a range of up to 35 miles* to keep you connected no matter where your adventures lead.

beelzibub

FNG
Those look interesting, but I'm skeptical of the actual range. I'd like to hear if anyone has tried them as well. I wonder if they use the same technology as goTenna devices? I have a pair of those and they seem to be pretty hit or miss. Some days they'd work great and others not at all. I'd love to get something a bit more reliable.

kiddogy

WKR
Those look interesting, but I'm skeptical of the actual range. I'd like to hear if anyone has tried them as well. I wonder if they use the same technology as goTenna devices? I have a pair of those and they seem to be pretty hit or miss. Some days they'd work great and others not at all. I'd love to get something a bit more reliable.
used to be able to get Motorola spirits from cosco. don't even know for sure if they still make them or not but they were pretty reliable up to a couple miles. further if line of sight was good.

steve1VM

FNG
I would rather take Motorola T801, cause they have fixed a lot of issues in that newer model. You can also check different comparison webpages, like this Motorola T800 vs T801 site, where authors explained not just technical side of each walkie talkie, but some other useful aspects as well. Such comparison articles help a lot nowadays.

Last edited: