Mount Kifaru pack on Barney's/Frontier Gear frame

Termite

FNG
Just curious if anyone has attempted to mount any of Kifaru's packs onto a Barney's/Frontier Gear Freighter frame? Or heck, any other brand of pack for that matter.

Kifaru bags will mount to Exo frames and vice versa like they're made for them. There's a number of threads on here of people posting various bags on frames.

it can be done, but you are trying to mate two different mounting systems (one inch buckles for kifaru vs pin+ring and grommet for the barney’s). that will create some difficulty but it can work if you have the DIY attitude.

there are some posts somewhere on here where a guy mounted an SG pack to a barney’s frame and it supposedly worked out great.

OP
T

Termite

FNG
Thanks for the reply’s guys!! I haven’t heard of them before. But I will check it out. I just received my Freighter frame today. Haven’t tried putting a pack on it yet but wholly mother of Richard Nixon, this thing is amazing. Haven’t put a load on it but I will say that it is QUALITY and I am proud/glad that I bought it! I will update in this thread on different packs that I try to attach I have 7 or 8 so it should be interesting. B332DC61-AF21-4D0F-ABC9-BFDA2E261B32.jpeg097F66EC-A138-44C9-A476-CD5DB0FC488A.jpeg8BC3655C-3A67-4DC5-A5E2-D4883B73DB7F.jpeg

I have had an alps bag on mine for the passed 4 years. I am about to get a Barneys bag for it. Alps bag doesnt quite sinch down enough.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

good to know! couldnt afford another $450 for the barneys bag at the time. The alps bag on the barneys frame has carried out 4 caribou and a moose but its time to upgrade. I will try to get a picture of it up on here. If i remember right 4 out of the 6 grommets lined up with the pins on the barneys pack. Used paracord to get the other 2 grommets attached to the pack. Not pretty but worked well for what i have put it through.

ppwack02

Lil-Rokslider
I got a chance to play with the Wrangell pack at the outdoors show last weekend. Seems pretty slick can't remember the price off the top of my head. If I ever wear the barneys bag out on my frame that's what I'll replace it with.

OP
T

Termite

FNG
I just looked through my phone and don’t have any pictures of the setup. But, I ended up just using the shoulder straps on my
Mountain Hardware pack and looped them through the top bar of the Barney’s frame. I ran the bottom connection points around the bottom bar. No issues with that setup at all. I bought a Kifaru cargo net and used the strap from an old ratchet strap to tie female buckles onto the frame. That way when ready to pack meat out I get net from the pack and clip onto the preinstalled buckles. Worked great for a New Mexico elk last year. I’ll take some pictures tonight as those would be 1000 times better than my confusing explanation

Here's my alps bag on the barneys frame. It's worked alright but I am buying a barneys pack at the sportsmens show this april. I have hauled quite a bit with this set up but the paracord allows for some sway and the alps bag doesn't tighten down well. I used 2 nsr straps to tighten down the bag to allow less sway. Anyways those days are done, time to spend some coin on a bag.
9909fde0f70dbbe209a84dc5a25773ec.jpg

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

OP
T

Termite

FNG
The pack pic is upside down for some reason. But just route the shoulder straps around the top bar and take the bottom end of the strap and route through the bottom bar. Connect it back to the shoulder strap and tighten down. Any tall pack should work. I usually remove the cargo net when I have the pack installed but this is just how it was in my gear room (I just mocked up a cheap back pack I had for the picture). Hope that helps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    482.9 KB · Views: 22
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    427 KB · Views: 21

IBen

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply’s guys!! I haven’t heard of them before. But I will check it out. I just received my Freighter frame today. Haven’t tried putting a pack on it yet but wholly mother of Richard Nixon, this thing is amazing. Haven’t put a load on it but I will say that it is QUALITY and I am proud/glad that I bought it! I will update in this thread on different packs that I try to attach I have 7 or 8 so it should be interesting. View attachment 375356View attachment 375358View attachment 375357
image.jpg