Mountain Goat Anchoring

There's nothing really I can add to this thread but as a newbie trying to rack up my first 10 posts to be fully integrated, I'll share that I drew a mountain goat tag in Colorado this year. All my goat hunting buddies and guide friends from AK throw bone busting bullets at goats with the intention of breaking shoulders. Many shoot .300 win mags, .300 Weatherby, 28 Nosler and other cartridges capable of fast velocity, longer distances and propelling bullets large enough to break through both front shoulders if presented a broadside shot. I'm undecided still myself. I normally shoot a .280 AI with Hornady GMX handholds. My gun loves those and I've taken a lot of big game with that bullet.

Kiddross

Lil-Rokslider
There's nothing really I can add to this thread but as a newbie trying to rack up my first 10 posts to be fully integrated, I'll share that I drew a mountain goat tag in Colorado this year. All my goat hunting buddies and guide friends from AK throw bone busting bullets at goats with the intention of breaking shoulders. Many shoot .300 win mags, .300 Weatherby, 28 Nosler and other cartridges capable of fast velocity, longer distances and propelling bullets large enough to break through both front shoulders if presented a broadside shot. I'm undecided still myself. I normally shoot a .280 AI with Hornady GMX handholds. My gun loves those and I've taken a lot of big game with that bullet.
Shoot what you know. I would not hesitate shooting a goat with a .280 ai ever. More than enough to get the job done. I'm no expert goat hunter and I understand they are a tough animal but they are not invincible. Just make sure they are in a retrievable position if they do roll or take a death sprint

Sent from my LM-K920 using Tapatalk