Mountain goat removal in Olympic National Park

slick

WKR
If the "1000+ applications" rumor above is true, then yeah, you're almost certainly not getting selected. If your team doesn't have at least 1 expert climber, you're probably not getting selected either.

I doubt expert climbing is required but I would guess the familiarity with ropes and technical climbing gear would be useful.

I think you’re exaggerating their preference of that. If I’m remembering right you didn’t have to salvage all the meat and such, so if a downed goat requires ropes to get to there is no way I’m taking the time to traverse above it, build an anchor, rap down to it, and then haul it back up. If it’s in an area requiring that- leave it lay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
I doubt expert climbing is required but I would guess the familiarity with ropes and technical climbing gear would be useful.

I think you’re exaggerating their preference of that. If I’m remembering right you didn’t have to salvage all the meat and such, so if a downed goat requires ropes to get to there is no way I’m taking the time to traverse above it, build an anchor, rap down to it, and then haul it back up. If it’s in an area requiring that- leave it lay.

You betch'r ass you are rappelling to any goat my fatass shoots but can't climb to. Then you gotta drag it back to me so I can touch it, and blow up my influencer account.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
You betch'r ass you are rappelling to any goat my fatass shoots but can't climb to. Then you gotta drag it back to me so I can touch it, and blow up my influencer account.

Go get em Chris!!!

Randy

No no no. HE gets them. Someone else shoots them. I just there to scream, swear, and talk self portraits.

See ya up there though

Just make sure all your brand new brand name gear can be seen and identified easily. Clothing tag removal optional. Always better to be able to say “new with tags” when you sell it after.

Clarktar

WKR
Just make sure all your brand new brand name gear can be seen and identified easily. Clothing tag removal optional. Always better to be able to say “new with tags” when you sell it after.
Appreciate the pro-tip

slick

WKR
But definitely only wear solids. I’d rap to a goat for you- part of what makes it spicy. Although if you had to rap to every goat you’d be doing more anchor building than hunting

_Scooter_

Lil-Rokslider
Bring plenty of water, then goats love to drink your urine. You can bait em right in for some good old fashioned mineral water then double tap to the head with a suppressed 9mm.

Didn't know that about mountain goats, but did have a marmot literally pop out form behind a rock on the summit of Mt. Meeker in RMNP once and literally drink from the puddle forming as my climbing partner was taking a leak.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
The doctor seems to have her stuff together judging by the emails I have received. Educated guess it will be this week instead of Monday.

Clarktar

WKR
The doctor seems to have her stuff together judging by the emails I have received. Educated guess it will be this week instead of Monday.

Interesting. She told me yesterday it would June 1st and that there were over 1200 team applications