Mountain goat removal in Olympic National Park

Ltsheets

Lil-Rokslider
Law Enforcement and WDFG?

Not saying its fact, but heard a rumor that most of the groups were selected from LE or WDFG with buddy hookups. No proof mind you, but the rumor was strong enough that I didn't even apply.

slick

WKR
I had been told from one of my operator buddies that US SF have been training in there and have covertly been doing some contract work for the Dept of the Interior on goat cleanup. Changed their mountain training from MT to Olympic.

Also they are mandatory to use SWFA and Tikka rifles in 6.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
menhaden_man
I had been told from one of my operator buddies that US SF have been training in there and have covertly been doing some contract work for the Dept of the Interior on goat cleanup. Changed their mountain training from MT to Olympic.

Also they are mandatory to use SWFA and Tikka rifles in 6.5.

You forgot to mention that apparently there is only one set of rings that will suffice for said rifle/scope setup.

OP
menhaden_man
Inslee will probably make the poor bastards that draw wear face masks and latex gloves. Take temperatures at the trail head before you spread germs on the hillside.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Y’all are killing me. Most of my out of state hunting plans hinge on this trip. 10 days plus 1 on each end for travel is a long time away from a 3 and 6 year old.

Same here. I am applying/ planning like we did not get selected.

OP
menhaden_man
Y’all are killing me. Most of my out of state hunting plans hinge on this trip. 10 days plus 1 on each end for travel is a long time away from a 3 and 6 year old.

Only two?! You been hunting too much 🤣 - I wouldn’t rule out them canceling the entire thing knowing dfw. Let me know if you draw, I can help out if I can. Or you can leave your wife and kids with mine in eastern part of state and I’ll come be camp cook.

Same here. I am applying/ planning like we did not get selected.

If the "1000+ applications" rumor above is true, then yeah, you're almost certainly not getting selected. If your team doesn't have at least 1 expert climber, you're probably not getting selected either.

I looked at the approved ammo list again. Very surprised to see several loads in .300 Blackout and 6.5 Grendel approved. For someone who doesn't own a lightweight hunting rifle, but does own very accurate AR uppers in both calibers, how bad of an idea would it be to bring one of them?