Mountain Hardwear Lamina

douglasfir

Lil-Rokslider
The Lamina sleeping bag gets mentioned quite a bit when people are talking synthetic bags. At about $200 and with good reviews, the Lamina 15 awfully tempting as I consider a new synthetic bag. I would like to know what people here think of it. The insulation is called "Thermal.Q," but I am not sure what that means. Is it a continuous filament insulation like the Climashield used in Wiggy's and Kifaru bags?

I know that synthetic bags will lose their loft/warmth quicker than down. For those of you with experience with different synthetic bags, how does the Lamina hold up in comparison? Is it true to its temperature rating? At about 3 lbs, the Lamina 15 is suspiciously light for a synthetic 15 degree bag.

I've had two of the mountain hardwear lamina series bags, the 15 degree and the 30ish degree. They are both fine, but I just got the new synthetic Marmot ultra elite 20 and it is much better than the mountain hardwear bags. It is much warmer than the similar temp rated mhw synthetic, weighs under two pounds and has a more comfortable hood. It only costs about $220.

One of the things that makes the marmot bag warmer is that the narrower cut makes for less dead air space for my lanky self (6'2, 165, I use the long size). It is still very comfortable to sleep in even though it is narrower, and with a full zip, you can just open it up and use it like a quilt when it is warmer.

The marmot bag is better in almost every way than the mountain hardwear.

Block

WKR
I have a Lamina Spark 32 and it’s very light and compressible,, but man it is NOT a warm bag at all. Iv had to really layer up in 30-40 degree nights with that bag and will only use it in the summer now