Mountain House NEW Simple Sensations meals

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone seen these yet? Cleaner version of MTN House looks like. The Chicken Fajita Bowl is calling my name. Not sure on the price yet. Only thing I see so far is they might be light on calories.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jbehredt

WKR
Spicy southwest skillet please. Love green chilies. Wonder if these are two serving packs? 250 calories doesn’t get me very far.

TheCougar

WKR
Adding up the numbers on the back, yes, it would appear that it is a single serving bag with 250 calories and 18g protein per ounce. 125 cal per ounce isn’t that bad...

OP
Jordan Budd

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah for a lighter meal it wouldn’t be a bad option. Even lunch for certain occasions. Could add some olive oil packets for extra calories for a dinner too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Let me know if you try these Jordan. We tend to eat the full 2 serving meals per person in our household because we do the bulk of our calories for breakfast/dinner, and burn too many calories for 250cal to be adequate. I'd likely consider these for a "rest" day or maybe even for our daughter to eat.

I had the regular mountain house chicken fajita bowl on a trip two weeks ago. With a little hot sauce, it was the highlight of the menu for the week. Would definitely add it to my regular rotation. I wonder if this is the same thing or different some how.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Anyone seen these yet? Cleaner version of MTN House looks like. The Chicken Fajita Bowl is calling my name. Not sure on the price yet. Only thing I see so far is they might be light on calories.

Could just bring along a couple packets of olive oil to squirt in for a calorie boost, or just bring 2 if you want more like 500cal.

Where do you guys find olive oil by the packet?

I usually fill a 5 hour energy bottle but I would like the convenience and portioning of packets.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I haven't priced it out for the best source since I haven't needed to use it in mine but amazon has multiple brands/package quantity.

Looks like they have avacado and other oils too if you want a different flavor profile with the fat.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not as good a bang for your buck calorie/weight wise but some of the choices listed would probably make good wrap style meals tossed into a tortilla or two. MH used to make several varieties of wraps (which I think they have no discontinued) and they were all really good. I sometimes like eating something hot for dinner that I don't scoop out of a bag. Naan or pita bread would work too.