Mountain Light Hikers are legit!!

Been using the Hanwag Mountain Light Hikers from Lanthrop and Sons this fall. I am loving them. From the plains Pronghorn hunting to the the mountains chasing elk. These boots have preformed flawless! My go to boot for sure!!

DSC_4950.jpg
DSC_4999.jpg

DSC_5032.jpg

I just received my Hanwag Dakotas from STP yesterday and am waiting for lunch right now only 30 minutes from the trailhead. I can tell you they feel 10x better than my Asolos or Kenetreks! Very excited to see how they do without break in (against my better judgement!). Moleskin to the rescue...

Mike

trkyslr

WKR
Justin, you are correct! Mnt lt's are awesome!!! Almost time to tread up some MT elk country....

I just got my Alaskan's in the mail 3 weeks ago, I love them! I plan to get the Mountain Light's this coming spring. If they are anything like the Alaskan's I will be a happy camper!

I had them shipped over here so I could break them in... Well, that didn't take long! About 1 day of normal walking. I wonder how they will treat my feet once I throw some terrain into the mix? I am sure they will be great!

My Harem

FNG
Let me say I have owned 3 sets of Hanwags in the past and love and swear by them. I bought these boots instead of the Alaskans due to weight.I bought a pair of mnt lights last year and am heading to track & trail in Edmonton Ab to see what they will do for me. After a 10 day dall hunt and just got back from a 16 day stone hunt these boots are done. Stiching coming off where they are attached to the webbing for the laces. The stiching on both boots are gone on the outside of the boot where the cordura?? meets the leather just above the rubber rand. I can put my index finger inside it and feel the interior linning. The salesman did warn me when I bought them that they will not wear as good and scree slopes are very hard on this type of boot.

My opinion is this- hard core sheep hunting in the rocks you must go with full leather for durability and longer life. Mountain lights are an excellent boot for every other type of hunting but this based on how quick they wear out in the rocks.

I am hoping they will treat me right and if I get the chance exchange them for the Alaskans or Yukons.

OP
justin davis
Does anybody know how well the mountain lights hold up compared to the alaskans?

In my opinion the Alaskans will hold up better compared to the Mtn lights. Based on the full leather and the metal eyelets. But the Mountain Lights have their place.

My Harem- I agree with you. If I was going on a sheep hunt. I would go with the Alaskans. Based on the full leather and metal. The Mountain Lights are awesome for Elk, Pronghorn, Mule deer, hunts etc.