Mountain Lion Attack Stopped by my Daughter in CO...real close call!

Turdle

FNG
Sorry about the encounter, glad all went well. I would have been shooting sooner.

Coldtrail

WKR
Everything from initially trying to scare away the lion, to the interview after makes this young lady an excellent representative of the hunting community. Nice work!

Mt Al

WKR
Amazing, thanks for sharing, quite a young lady you raised. I have two daughters who are my hunting partners, love it! Two years ago one of them saw what she thought was a deer, turned out to be a Mt lion and we watched it run AWAY VS right at us, thank God!

OP
westdreamer
Amazing, thanks for sharing, quite a young lady you raised. I have two daughters who are my hunting partners, love it! Two years ago one of them saw what she thought was a deer, turned out to be a Mt lion and we watched it run AWAY VS right at us, thank God!
Yes, thank God!
And daughter hunting buddies are awesome!!! I'm very thankful for our hunting time together. I cherish those times and memories.

rclouse79

WKR
Dang, I get lazy about taking my 10mm Glock with me during archery season. I think I will have it with me after this video. Thanks!

Amazing young lady. She can hunt with me any day.... or maybe I should ask if I can hunt with her, always nice to have level headed protection and apparently a beast to help pack out if you forget your pack!

Anello

Lil-Rokslider
Wow! I am amazed at how well she handled that situation. Far better than I would have. Additionally, her interview at the end was impressive. Very well spoken. You've raised a good one.

She gave the cat every chance and ultimately made the right choice well done to her and to you for good teaching. I'll bet her heart rate got up a little during that encounter.

Outstanding. Pass on my compliments to your daughter for her actions. Very impressed. I have been looking in on this forum for a while but today I joined just so that I could post this. Best wishes from the UK.

OP
westdreamer
Outstanding. Pass on my compliments to your daughter for her actions. Very impressed. I have been looking in on this forum for a while but today I joined just so that I could post this. Best wishes from the UK.
Hello and Welcome Glyn. Like you, I've been lurking and appreciating the info on this sight for a couple years but just recently joined. Thanks for the compliments, I will pass them on. Best wishes.

Wow, unbelievable composure and intelligence displayed by your daughter. She did the only thing she could do and I'd guess that this particular lion was going to continue to be a problem regardless. Amazing story, thanks for sharing!

7Bartman

WKR
Wow, what an impressive young lady you're raising. She had composure as well as being articulate in her description of the events.
I still don't know how she didn't use one sware word. I wouldn't have been able to show my video, lol.

With all of the garbage in the news today it is incredibly refreshing to see that kids like this young lady are out there. It is one thing to know what to do in a circumstance such as this but it takes a special individual to actually execute it to perfection as she did.

Dreamer - from one dad to another great job raising her and I'm glad it turned out the way it did.

Stellar job!! Glad we have one less. Now, make sure to bring her back here to Colorado when wolves start taking over and destroying our herds. We will need those delt with also. ;)