Mountain lion stalk….ing us…

KyleR1985

WKR

First day in the woods for elk. Mostly just scouting a new spot, brought the lady along. I wanted to listen. She wanted me to call. I let out a couple soft cow calls.

we heard footsteps in the timber, so I got ready. Then heard nothing for 4-5 minutes. I happened to look to my left down this clearing, and saw the cat out about 100 yards. It took her a minute to get her phone out and on and recording. It slipped to about 30 yards before she hit record.

fun times.

BigDog00

WKR
I actually ran into one last weekend. Curiosity got the better of me and I tried sneaking in to get a better look...she snarled at me and got her point across. I ended up circling around where I thought she was and ran into her again at about 35 yards. I tried to get some video but she didn't stick around too long. It was a pretty cool encounter and a first for me.

I would agree that there have likely been other encounters that we had no idea they even happened.

Vids

WKR
Cool stuff! I've never seen one, just ran across tracks a few times. But I'm sure a few have put eyes on me.

dtrkyman

WKR
Guy in New Mexico just shot 2 on a water tank, stalking him in a blind. Game and fish was out and recovered them and interviewed the hunter. Shot a bull from the same tank the next day!

My buddy had one stalking the same deer he was last week.
I was watching from a ways off as he stalked in. The deer looked visibly distraught before my buddy came over the knoll. The wind was good. I was confused as shit how they'd already made him.
He said there was a lion next to him sitting like a dog watching the deer when he started crawling through the field. LOL

Around dawn, my cousin and I were sitting in a little blind watching a game trail for blacktail a few seasons back. Got up to leave after 4 hours and found a set of lion tracks in the snow that made a semi circle about 30' behind us, then walked back down our path and circled out truck. It had also sat directly behind us at some point and just watched, based on the look of the snow. Never heard or felt a thing. Spooked me

ODB

WKR
Very cool. The exact same thing happened to a friend here in Idaho about 20 years ago…except that after calling he leaned against the tree and promptly fell asleep!. When he suddenly awoke, the cat was 15 yards away staring straight through him. Shot him and now has a nice rug. ;-)