Mountain lion survivor interview

Riplip

WKR
Thought he handled the interview very well. Can't believe some of the idiotic comments on social media. Numerous people actually wrote emails to the local news station here in Denver, throwing shade about the glorification of killing the mountain lion questioning why the guy had to kill the lion to protect himself.

Interesting. With the precautions he indicated he would take in the future he did not mention carrying bear spray.

ClearCreek

Mike7

WKR
Interesting. From his description, it seems like the lion not releasing his hand may have saved him?... by allowing him to use this hold on his right hand as countertraction while simultaneously pinning the lion's neck down with his foot.

Randle

WKR
Not exactly how I expected him to say he suffocated it. Glad he's ok. Something to tell the grandkids someday

I enjoyed every second of this interview. I'd like to shake his hand...once it heals. Being as scared as a man could ever be, facing death, he let the ice flow through his veins and ended up staying alive. What a badass. I bet you could count the number of people on one hand that have killed a mountain lion with their bare hands. And the fact that it was a juvenile makes zero difference, if it can kill a mature mule deer, then it can easily kill a human.

KHNC

WKR
Quote - Killed it "unfortunately". Tough dude for sure. Doubt he is a hunter tho. Seems like the tree hugger type to me. Still doesnt change the fact he did a badass thing tho.

Brado16

WKR
Dude is bad ass- wrestled a cat mid way through a 12-15 mile trail run with elevation gain- Im sure he was gassed from the run itself, then throw in a pissed off cat wrestling your ass and chomping down on your wrist, this dude is like Chuck Norris IMHO.