Mountain lions are on the verge of becoming endangered species in California!

Senior Deputy District Attorney Karen Wold should not be talking to the press:

“These are protected animals and it’s always sad when one dies regardless of the cause of death,” Wold told Fox News, adding that mountain lions are protected because “they are on the verge of becoming endangered species in our state.”

amassi

WKR
Clearly the lion was trying to escape the iron thumb of living in California, after he slipped out of his collar he was shot in the head by jackbooted thugs for failing to produce his papers upon request. I smell a cover up

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

jspradley

WKR
Most people think mtn lions are endangered. The zoo my wife works at has one listed as "endangered" in the signage and they wont freaking change no matter how many people I've pointed it out that they are a "least concern" species to.

I think most people WANT them to be endangered because they think that's just some magic special protection instead of a conservation status.

How could they become endangered in CA if those eeeviiilll hunters werent allowed to kill them anymore?!?!

amassi

WKR
Although not federally endangered ca mtn lions do have special status in California. Not the first time a politician misspoke or used a relatively small blip to try and ginup some support for a cause, maybe she hadn't had enough covfefe yet.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

RockinU

Lil-Rokslider
There's lots of "special" status in CA.

Mountain Lions are the only big cat on the planet with both an expanding population, and range. They are truly remarkable animals.

If you haven't read "Path of the Puma" by Jim Williams, I highly recommend it.

Rob5589

WKR
There's lots of "special" status in CA.

Mountain Lions are the only big cat on the planet with both an expanding population, and range. They are truly remarkable animals.

If you haven't read "Path of the Puma" by Jim Williams, I highly recommend it.
Expanding their range is right. A year or two ago one was tranq'd in the Natomas area of Sacramento. Couple months ago I saw one walking on the shoulder of Jefferson Blvd on the outskirts of W Sacramento. Few weeks later, probably the same cat based on geography, a cat was seen in S Sacramento.

I have a coworker who’s girlfriend just participated in a research project about the poor endangered kitty’s. He’s not a hunter, a couple of us told him how confused she was but, we’re obviously wrong

amack26

Lil-Rokslider
This is the BIGGEST LOAD of BS! Another prime example of Anti-Hunting Sentiment in our lovely media. It doesn't matter if he is a hunter, any anti or someone who is on the fence about it will have a bad taste in their mouth after reading the article. I have trail camera footage of 4 lions walking up a paved road on a friends property at the base of saddleback mountain here in orange county. I'm no doctor BUT mountain lions are traditionally a solitary animal that live most of their lives alone.

I would love to see them relocated to the cities in hopes it starts to weed out some of dumb folks around here.

What she did can be referred to as being tried in the court of public opinion. She knows better, but just thinks she can get away with it; and likely will.