Mountain lions are on the verge of becoming endangered species in California!

MeatBuck

WKR
This is the BIGGEST LOAD of BS! Another prime example of Anti-Hunting Sentiment in our lovely media. It doesn't matter if he is a hunter, any anti or someone who is on the fence about it will have a bad taste in their mouth after reading the article. I have trail camera footage of 4 lions walking up a paved road on a friends property at the base of saddleback mountain here in orange county. I'm no doctor BUT mountain lions are traditionally a solitary animal that live most of their lives alone.

I would love to see them relocated to the cities in hopes it starts to weed out some of dumb folks around here.
Female with three young... Just shows how successful they can be while living in urban areas. Cats, dogs, rats, coons, deer, coyote all live close to people because in general it's pretty safe for animals in urban areas. All are on the menu for those kitties.

JNDEER

WKR
Back when I was in college (maybe 12 years ago or so) I had a professor who did a Mt. Lion study. Basically found populations where growing exponentially and NO ONE would publish his findings... Love CA!

Azone

WKR
The only thing on the verge of being endangered in California is the middle class and common sense. Berkeley has been outta touch with reality for years. Any project sponsored with funding from that place should be disregarded and considered fake news.

kickemall

WKR
Funny thing, I have a friend who assists in gps collaring mountain lions for studies every year. Usually at least three times a year and for different agencies. I never hear about the reports and he has no idea what they do with the info. Sometimes state agencies, sometimes universities, sometimes tribes.

Guys.....The reason we are in this position, is because we are allowing it. We the hunters go to Safari Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and California Deer Asso. dinners and donate money. The board members shuffle the money off into their own pockets though very creative ways. We should demand to see total dollars collected and those dollars used to hire lawyers to file law suits. I have been in the hunting business now for 43 years and have seen it all. The hunters also cause their own problems by not understanding how to correctly care for their game in a legal manner. When every we ban together, STOP donating money that we do not know where it is going, then we will begin to win. Do you realize that Safari Club, Elk Foundation, and Cal Deer have not file a law suit against the Mountain Lion Coalition? Did you even know there is a Mountain Lion Coalition? STOP BLAMING THE DO-GOODERS, IT IS OUR OWN FAULT.

Guys.....The reason we are in this position, is because we are allowing it. We the hunters go to Safari Club, Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation and California Deer Asso. dinners and donate money. The board members shuffle the money off into their own pockets though very creative ways. We should demand to see total dollars collected and those dollars used to hire lawyers to file law suits. I have been in the hunting business now for 43 years and have seen it all. The hunters also cause their own problems by not understanding how to correctly care for their game in a legal manner. When every we ban together, STOP donating money that we do not know where it is going, then we will begin to win. Do you realize that Safari Club, Elk Foundation, and Cal Deer have not file a law suit against the Mountain Lion Coalition? Did you even know there is a Mountain Lion Coalition? STOP BLAMING THE DO-GOODERS, IT IS OUR OWN FAULT.

I don't disagree but you are not seeing the bigger problem. The radicals get certain species protection via an election. Not the same as a regulation within the Fish & Game dept. And these laws NEVER INCLUDE A SUNSET CLAUSE so you end up with too many lions (and thanks to the Marine Mammal Protection Act)...too many sealions too. Much tougher to correct when the masses vote for it.

Last edited:

Mike 338

WKR
Well, every single one of them will eventually die so I guess that qualifies as endangered. Where's my Nobel Prize?

RockinU

Lil-Rokslider
I don't disagree but you are not seeing the bigger problem. The radicals get certain species protection via an election. Not the same as a regulation within the Fish & Game dept. And these laws NEVER INCLUDE A SUNSET CLAUSE so you end up with too many lion (and thanks to the Marine Mammal Protection Act)...too many sealions too. Much tougher to correct when the masses vote for it.

You forgot the Wild and Free Roaming Horse and Burro Act...

limpet

FNG
Yup so endangered i saw 4 in July. I work laying timber harvest plans so usually we're loud as hell and I still saw that many. I've also had their tracks on top of mine on my way back to the truck at the end of the day. I swear the cats and bears seem to outnumber the deer in areas. I had a cat follow me to my truck last summer just outside of town with a log loader loading logs 50 yards away. They're like fleas on a stray dog up here. I've seen 7 in 2 years.

Outlaw99

WKR
No more shed hunting or trapping either in the golden bear state

Takem

WKR
No more shed hunting or trapping either in the golden bear state
With most likely 7 more years of this guy we may be closer to loosing our hunting then I would have ever guessed.

Spotnstok

FNG
Surely its impossible to be that stupid.
It’s looks stupid on the surface, but is quite strategic. WE see the blatant attempts to stop/block hunting (and disrupt the balance of the food chain), and THEY do too. They just disguise it with language and “studies” so the emotional non-thinkers will rally behind them.

amassi

WKR
Yup so endangered i saw 4 in July. I work laying timber harvest plans so usually we're loud as hell and I still saw that many. I've also had their tracks on top of mine on my way back to the truck at the end of the day. I swear the cats and bears seem to outnumber the deer in areas. I had a cat follow me to my truck last summer just outside of town with a log loader loading logs 50 yards away. They're like fleas on a stray dog up here. I've seen 7 in 2 years.
How many deer have you seen?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

limpet

FNG
How many deer have you seen?

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
A dozen maybe 2 in 3 months driving 150-200 miles a day for work. usually see 3-4 bears a day though. I could show you the thousands of trailcam pics i have of bears and about 100 of the 2 does and 1 fawn and 1 spike in the area I hunt. oh and make that 8 cats because we saw one on my buddies ranch while we were shooting this afternoon feeding on a calf it killed.