Mountain Ops pre-workout

I’m looking to switch pre-workouts from GNC brand to Mountian Ops, but I have Zero experience with any of the Mountian ops products. It looks like the “Ignite” is designated as their ”pre-workout.” Does anybody have any insight on this product? Recommend or Decline?

I would love to use it as a pre-workout as well as early morning in the woods/Field.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

NorthernHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have used it quite a bit. That is usually what I would put in my hiking nalgene when I would take off for the day. It seemed to work well for me. Flavors were good. I usually mix with the BCAA they have too. The powder doesn't completely vanish like higher end options but it's good for the price.

big44a4

WKR
I’m looking to switch pre-workouts from GNC brand to Mountian Ops, but I have Zero experience with any of the Mountian ops products. It looks like the “Ignite” is designated as their ”pre-workout.” Does anybody have any insight on this product? Recommend or Decline?

I would love to use it as a pre-workout as well as early morning in the woods/Field.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!

It’s okay for daily caffeine/flavor but I wouldn’t take it as a pre workout. It’s done nothing for me in that department. They marketed their brand well but not huge fan of their products. They are just okay.

ewade07

WKR
Do yourself a favor and just use whatever is cheapest. Mountain Ops is basically your run of the mill supplement, just rebranded and price marked WAY up because its marketed towards hunters.

Shawn_Guinn

Lil-Rokslider
I use a few of there products. Yeti is my preworkout go to. It doesn’t give the jitters like other brands I’ve tried. I’m hunting elk and deer right now so every morning I take enduro and bring a trail pack of ignite for a midday pick me up. At my age I take every advantage I can get. Sure it’s a marketing company but they support the outdoor industry and I enjoy there products win win for me.

Beendare

WKR
It’s okay for daily caffeine/flavor but I wouldn’t take it as a pre workout. It’s done nothing for me in that department. They marketed their brand well but not huge fan of their products. They are just okay.
Agreed^

Look at ingredients and compare….not advertising

bozeman

WKR
I would challenge you on this: for a pre-workout fix. Try to eat an apple (peel and pulp) approx 15 mins before you begin for 3 days and then try a pre-workout fix for 3 days and compare......just try it. For some, it works great, for other, not so much.

cgasner1

WKR
GNC is trash go to a actual supplant store for more serious gym pre workout ask around at your gym to find something local

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StuckoYota99

Lil-Rokslider
Mt ops strawberry banana yeti and vanilla or mixed berry ammo are my go to every morning. Then Enduro or ignite throughout the day. I've been using mt ops for about 5 years now and like it a lot. I have limited experience with any other brands. I have not had a reason to switch. Except the hot ignite...that was gross.

beyertr1

FNG
Yeti is their designated pre-workout. I’ve used it. But at the end of the day, a preworkout is a preworkout. They all do the same thing. So it’s not good or bad necessarily, just another preworkout

big44a4

WKR
I keep reading this but I can't find any preworkout with or without caffeine that has as much L arginine and Citruline. Please show me what you are referring too.

Let’s talk ingredients about supplements that are meat and potatoes instead of wasting time on pre workouts. Take a look at mtn ops mangum label says “100% whey protein isolate” then look at the very first ingredient “proprietary blend” (of proteins). Isolate isn’t even the first ingredient in their blend. Yes there are more expensive just as there are cheaper brands. Mtn ops falls in the middle. Take a look at any reputable brand that sells whey isolate and thats the first ingredient and only source of protein just as mtn ops label says it should be. 100%.

Let’s talk ingredients about supplements that are meat and potatoes instead of wasting time on pre workouts. Take a look at mtn ops mangum label says “100% whey protein isolate” then look at the very first ingredient “proprietary blend” (of proteins). Isolate isn’t even the first ingredient in their blend. Yes there are more expensive just as there are cheaper brands. Mtn ops falls in the middle. Take a look at any reputable brand that sells whey isolate and thats the first ingredient and only source of protein just as mtn ops label says it should be. 100%.
I appreciate it but the only supplement I have ever bought from them is Enduro. When I look at most preworkouts non have as much of the L Citruline and or the L Arginine which creates NOS which is the vasodilator. When I compare to what I have seen on Wilderness Athlete, bodybuilding.com and GNC non that actually say the quantity of both are even close.

OP
B
Thanks a ton for the above experience/advice…looks like the Marketing department is the best thing going for the Mountian ops ignite.

I’m going to have to give the wilderness athlete another try. I took some of their vitamin supplements for a while, but wasn’t too impressed. I think it’s worth another look.

Ive been a GNC guy for the last couple years, but I have reached my limit with prices and product.

Im a duck hunter as well as an Bow hunter. I need all the advantage in the field/blind I can get. Some of these days are long and difficult, but need to keep my mind and body as focused as possible!

Thank you again for everybody who responded and for all the insight!

Warrior Fuel is the best preworkout I’ve ever used. I also take a cayenne pepper as part of my morning supplement regime. Works well for me as a vasodilator

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

big44a4

WKR
I appreciate it but the only supplement I have ever bought from them is Enduro. When I look at most preworkouts non have as much of the L Citruline and or the L Arginine which creates NOS which is the vasodilator. When I compare to what I have seen on Wilderness Athlete, bodybuilding.com and GNC non that actually say the quantity of both are even close.

There are many that have more citrulline 6-8g per serving. Which is shown in a few studies to have greater impact on increasing plasma arginine concentration than supplementing with arginine. Brings us to the question is why is ingnite under dosed on citrulline? Also those other products are typically using other supplements to aid is vasodilation such as hydro max glycerol, nitrosigine, and agmatine sulfate. Anyone can buy any of these in bulk by themselves to add to anything if you feel a supplement is lacking in an ingredient or want to mix your own stuff. Which I why I said if you like the flavor or need daily caffeine by all means give it a try. I don’t think there is a “best” energy drink or pre workout supplement out there at the moment. Had some good ones back in the day before Uncle Sam got involved.