Mountain Tactical RAD Muzzle Brake Reviews

Anyone have experience with this brake? It seems as a radial it would not be an ear popper in a hunting scenario without hearing pro on a 6.5 CM.

You're crazy if you think any kind of port in any way won't increase noise over a regular barrel.
This "may" be a better option then other brakes. But it will cause irreversible hearing damage.
Trust me as a dude will about 30% hearing loss you don't want anything to do with it man.

Quality of like without question has been seriously reduced for me.

Absolutely will not touch off a ported weapon of any kind without hearing protection unless my life is in danger.

TheViking

WKR
Agreed ^^^^

I have a brake on two of my guns, I shoot them at the range ONLY. And I use double hearing protection. I verify my gun shoots the same with a thread protector on as it does with the brake.

I hunt with the thread protector on. I don’t wear plugs while hunting unless I’m in a blind and have time.

If you can’t handle the recoil of your gun on one shot while hunting, you should probably shoot a lighter caliber.

OP
General RE LEE
Agreed ^^^^

I have a brake on two of my guns, I shoot them at the range ONLY. And I use double hearing protection. I verify my gun shoots the same with a thread protector on as it does with the brake.

I hunt with the thread protector on. I don’t wear plugs while hunting unless I’m in a blind and have time.

If you can’t handle the recoil of your gun on one shot while hunting, you should probably shoot a lighter caliber.

Thanks although the purpose is to spot my shots at longer range. I am actually lucky and not sensitive to recoil unless I have a longer range session with my 7mm STW or I am patterning my turkey gun.

If you’re going to add the blast and expense of a brake, might as well get the most effective one you can. A radial wouldn’t be on my list. Plenty of decent side ports out there, SRS, MBM, Terminator etc.

OP
General RE LEE
I’m surprised, with as many Tikka owners on Rokslide, there are no reviews on this brake. A Google search returns almost nothing.

I’m surprised, with as many Tikka owners on Rokslide, there are no reviews on this brake. A Google search returns almost nothing.

Brakes suck in-general (Brakes drool, Suppressors rule....yeah I went all elementary school on it). Radial breaks especially suck because the recoil reduction is less than a directional break and they kick shit everywhere. And they're still obnoxiously loud.

03mossy

WKR
“Gasses are ported away from the ground so shooters in the prone position will not kick up debris with each shot.”

From their website. Pics show no ports on the bottom.