Mountain Tactical vs. Redsnake Bottom Metal

Anyone have experience with both of these? Looking at the long action to use AICS mags. I like the mag release on the redsnake since it doesn't sit below the trigger guard. Has anyone had issues with the mountain tactical dropping mags if accidentally bumped? Any other differences between these two?

Norm555

WKR
I have the mountain tactical bottom metal and am very happy with it. No experience with the redsnake.

mxgsfmdpx

WKR
Only have experience with the High Desert bottom metal and it's a real quality piece. Works flawlessly with the mountain tactical magazine.

OP
ndbwhunter
Anyone have issues with the mountain tactical mag release? Just concerned about accidentally bumping it since it sticks out below the trigger guard.

khuber84

WKR
Only have experience with the High Desert bottom metal and it's a real quality piece. Works flawlessly with the mountain tactical magazine.
My high desert dbm doesn't work with the billet HCA mags. I may switch to the Oregon mountain rifle dbm for that reason. All my Tikkas are short mag, so no need for anything over the 3.4" offered in Mike's magazines.

Roksliding

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have issues with the mountain tactical mag release? Just concerned about accidentally bumping it since it sticks out below the trigger guard.

I have the mountain tactical, no issues. Very pleased with it and the metal mag they sell

Wahooo03

FNG
Been really happy with the RedSnake setup for my 6.5 PRC. Well built and simple.

ETA: I use WSM mags in a Gunwerks GRB SA setup

TheAngler

FNG
I have the mountain tactical bottom metal and am very happy with it. No experience with the redsnake.
To install the Mountain Tactical AICS bottom metal, was it a drop in replacement or did you need to do gunsmithing?

TheAngler

FNG
That is interesting. Did you see the old video by Mountain Tactical that shows grinding the front of the trigger? I would like to avoid it if possible.

Gila

WKR
Red Snake is drop in....however need to use a 3/4” round rasp to take a bit off the front of the stock inlet for the longer mags. it only takes about 5-10 minutes to do. The longest AICS mag that can be used is 3.715” which is plenty for a 300 win mag.

Norm555

WKR
That is interesting. Did you see the old video by Mountain Tactical that shows grinding the front of the trigger? I would like to avoid it if possible.
Just realized you said the AICS bottom metal. I just have the regular MT bottom metal that replaces the factory one and accepts the factory tikka magazine.

Gila

WKR
Just realized you said the AICS bottom metal. I just have the regular MT bottom metal that replaces the factory one and accepts the factory tikka magazine.
MT also makes a billet mag that is the same dimensions and can replace the factory polymer mag. That solution will work for a COAL that does not exceed 3.34”. Red Snake is the only AICS drop in solution I have found that can feed cartridges in the Tikka action with a COAL up to 3.6”.