Mountainsmith Mountain Shelter LT mesh liner

huntbigb

FNG
I have a MS LT that I mostly use for Kayak river camping trips. Its great. But in warmer weather i would like to be able to pitch it with the sides off the ground and the door open for ventilation without getting eaten alive by mosquitoes. Has anyone found a mesh tent liner that roughly fits? Paria makes one that looks to be darn close. Thanks

DSC

FNG
Rokslide Sponsor
I've got the same shelter and will likely be picking up a Borah Gear Bug Bivy at ~5 oz soon for an upcoming hunt where bugs are a concern. Not exactly what you're looking for, but another option! Full transparency, I don't have it yet, but it seems to be well liked and recommended from the folks here.

OP
H

huntbigb

FNG
I've got the same shelter and will likely be picking up a Borah Gear Bug Bivy at ~5 oz soon for an upcoming hunt where bugs are a concern. Not exactly what you're looking for, but another option! Full transparency, I don't have it yet, but it seems to be well liked and recommended from the folks here.
Problem is i would like it to be a 2 person shelter still. Im thinking the paria one will work but i would have to angle the poles way out and use guy line tension to keep them from falling.

I believe it’s the Bear Paw Minimalist 2 that fits under the Mtnshelter LT. Have to double check the measurements

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beendare

WKR
Why line the whole thing?

I sewed a perimeter mesh and sill nylon on my TP and it works great. it’s a couple inches just inside the outside perimeter seam.

Problem is i would like it to be a 2 person shelter still. Im thinking the paria one will work but i would have to angle the poles way out and use guy line tension to keep them from falling.
I ran the mountain shelter lt with the paria bug bivy for a 4 day trip in the black hills a couple weeks ago. Worked well enough for a 1 man, could probably have fit a second if I moved my gear to the vestibule. The only downside with the paria is that it opens at the top, which made it hard to get out of in the morning without getting tent condensation all over myself. I've been thinking of trying a hoop style bug bivy but if you don't mind having to suspend the netting over your face it's a great bug bivy for the price.

Sent from my SM-G996U1 using Tapatalk