Mountainsmith MTN shelter LT a sleeper?

Maybe I'm way behind here but I just found this shelter. At 2lb and about $100 and with pretty good reviews (from what I can find, take it for what it's worth) is this a shelter that I just didn't know about and is a secret value? From what I can see I also feel that I could drop a few ounces off the total weight of it to bring it closer to 1.5 lb. I've been looking at all kinds of floorless shelters that are light weight. I know I can buy lighter but for at least three times the money. Anyone have any good alternatives? Asking only to have more options to look at. Thx.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

ljalberta

WKR
Quite a few threads on this site about the shelter if you try a search. Overall it seems to be, as you said, a great value. I just received one in the new green color which I will try running this year. I'm not familiar with any similar alternatives around the same price range outside of a standard tarp setup.

WKR
Its a great shelter. Very roomy for the weight. We put two 6'7" guys in there with no trouble along with packs.

topher89

WKR
Great shelter, ability to modify and add a stove, and great price. I picked one up for 80 bucks a few years ago and love it.