Mouth reed and Whiny bugles

Jmumm2

FNG
Im trying mouth reeds for the first time this year and I’ve tried rocky mountain game calls and Phelps amp. I feel like I bugle, lip ball, and growl pretty decent. They are on the whiny side. Any fixes or do they always sound that way ?

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I wouldn’t worry about it. I’d worry more about when you call. You been around a lot of elk and hear what they sound like? Elk are the worst elk callers out there.

Im trying mouth reeds for the first time this year and I’ve tried rocky mountain game calls and Phelps amp. I feel like I bugle, lip ball, and growl pretty decent. They are on the whiny side. Any fixes or do they always sound that way ?

I’d recommend the ElkNut mobile app as you work to fine tune your calling and learn what the sounds mean and when to use them.

For me personally, the more time I spend with the mouth reed in my mouth, the less whiny the sounds get. I also think I sound better out in the elk woods than calling at home. Keep after it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

Jmumm2

FNG
I only seen one bull last year and called it in and killed it

I’d recommend the ElkNut mobile app as you work to fine tune your calling and learn what the sounds mean and when to use them.

For me personally, the more time I spend with the mouth reed in my mouth, the less whiny the sounds get. I also think I sound better out in the elk woods than calling at home. Keep after it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll second that ;)

TreyPound

FNG
Originally the Primos Ivory plate for cow and calf talk. The new double and triples I got from Jason Phelps make great bugle and cow sounds.