movable holster for pack hip belt to self

can anyone recommend a holster system that is easily moved from hip belt of pack to self when i take of pack

?

Safariland makes system called the QLS that has a plate that fits on the pack/belt and a fork that fits on a kydex holster and you can swap one to the other. G code makes a similar system.

another option is a thing called a UBL from safariland. It is a stiff plastic extender that will get the holster dropped down below the pack belt Without the need for a leg strap. Drop leg holsters are another solution but they have always rubbed me raw on long walks.

Rob5589

WKR
I use the Safariland ALS with paddle. On and off my pack belt easily, easy to transition to my pants/belt.

OP
D
do you recommend holster with retention like ALS
or can i use Gcode with open top

snel6424

FNG
do you recommend holster with retention like ALS
or can i use Gcode with open top
My buddy has a holster without retention and he took a tumble out in the woods and his pistol came out at some point during the fall. So it can happen.

KD32

FNG
KT-mech
I use their Akela holster with the retention hood, with the blade-tech tech-lock attachment system. I move it quickly from my pack to my belt any time the pack comes off for any length of time. The hood is a thumb release, and I’ve never had an issue with getting the gun out quickly in close quarters with hogs during the offseason.

jmart33

FNG
can anyone recommend a holster system that is easily moved from hip belt of pack to self when i take of pack

?
Been through this trying to find the perfect way to tote a pistol with pack. Compromises any way you go, but what has worked best for me is a paddle holster on the pack belt, then quickly swap it to your person when pack is off. One thing to be aware of is the holster will ride higher on the pack belt so I went with a competition cutout to clear the holster quicker and shorten the draw stroke.

Nuke Man

WKR
Any paddle holster will work great. As others have mentioned a drop leg mount works well too as it mounts to your pant belt and drops the pistol just below the pack belt. Gcode or safariland are gtg. I prefer friction over hooded type holsters.

Clixxer

FNG
Im doing like Nuke Man suggested.

I have a Safariland GLS for my HK VP9L along with the QLS and trex arms leg strap. Keeps it higher than a thigh rig but doesnt flop around and I can slide it on and off a regular belt. That and I can use it on my gun belt and reg.

Attachments

• 20210915_114921.jpg
    20210915_114921.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 26