Move from NJ to MT or CO? Need guidance.

Apollo117

WKR
Maybe set up a laser pointer right into the camera lens.
I'm going to build on your idea. For the sake of spreading knowledge I will say that a normal laser pointer likely won't disrupt or damage a quality digital camera. A class IIIb laser, like a rave laser, or a powerful IR laser shined at the camera for an extended time would permanently damage the sensor of most digital cameras.

I don't condone destroying someone else's camera, but a class IIIb laser mounted to a tripod pointed at the sensor and lens would probably do the trick.

OP
F
I'm going to build on your idea. For the sake of spreading knowledge I will say that a normal laser pointer likely won't disrupt or damage a quality digital camera. A class IIIb laser, like a rave laser, or a powerful IR laser shined at the camera for an extended time would permanently damage the sensor of most digital cameras.

I don't condone destroying someone else's camera, but a class IIIb laser mounted to a tripod pointed at the sensor and lens would probably do the trick.

As much as I would like to do that I have no upside because I would then get myself in trouble.

OP
F
So my wife spoke to the person in charge of making sure you’re in compliance of the town ordinance.

She explained to him what happened and he like the cops suggested planting a tree. And she told him we would like to do that but with our research so far it’s going to be hard at this point to find a 15 foot tall tree. She asked about putting up a flag and he said that would be fine. He also suggested we get a camera and I hung one of my game camera because I wanted my neighbor to see it but when my wife got home tonight she said she didn’t want me to hang it because then we are no better than the bitch next door.

This is what we found on amazon.

a70286c153b9a41897e1a52ae1c35b14.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
F
Could you build a wooden or cattle panel trellis and plant vines on it?

I like the idea but I think that may fall under the ordinance about fences. A fence in my town can’t be taller than 6 feet. Then I would imagine it would take years to grow 15-16 feet to block it.

We are going to several nursery’s today to see if we can get a tree that’s tall enough otherwise we are going to get the 15ft flags.

wytx

WKR
Wyoming has a wide variety for you. Cheyenne and Casper, big towns for us and where the specialty shopping is.
West to Lander and say Pinedale, way more rural but still services you need.
Jackson, lots of tourists and very expensive, homes are very hard to find and rentals almost non existent.
We live in Laramie, UW is main employer. Small town feel with University diversity.
Winters now are mainly cold and wind with a few good snows thrown in.
We have mountain recreation 10 minutes form town or 30 minutes to the west.
Good fishing in river and plains lakes.
Lots of small town politics.
Decent grocery stores but no good specialty store for out of ordinary things, Walmart is biggest retailer.
Homes can be expensive for our area due to the university. You would not want to live near it.
We also have at least 5 craft breweries in town.

prm

WKR
I’d go with the laser. They’d never know, they are not visible. Or a pellet gun. Is the direction such that you could use a mirror to reflect the sun directly into the lens?

But to the main topic; I’ve considered moving back to CO, however it is certainly a mess now. Family is still there and when I visit I’m not so sure about moving back. If you plan on using 285 to get to the mountains from Denver on a Friday, forget it. What a mess!

Last edited:
OP
F
Better be ready for wind and more wind followed by cold wind then freezing wind in 95% of Wyoming.
It is not for most people luckily

We get plenty of wind living right on the water with the wind coming off the ocean in the winter. I could be underestimating it though since I haven’t been there in the winter.