Moving from AK to Sheridan WY, big game hunt access/expectations

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
As above. Grew up in S. ID lived in AK for almost 20 yrs now moving, what are expectations on quality/access for elk and deer. Passion is muleys but work obligations might limit that. What do you think guys

303TrophyHusband

Lil-Rokslider
I think Sheridan is an amazing area and you'll have fun trying to find the hangouts of some big mule deer.

As above. Grew up in S. ID lived in AK for almost 20 yrs now moving, what are expectations on quality/access for elk and deer. Passion is muleys but work obligations might limit that. What do you think guys
Unit 36/37 are general elk units, and have lots of elk. The deer units in the big horns are general and have lots of deer also. Little public land east of the big horns, one of the reasons I left ranchester to move to greybull. Sheridan is a nice town though has home Depot, Walmart and a sportsman's Warehouse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

4rcgoat

WKR
Unit 36/37 are general elk units, and have lots of elk. The deer units in the big horns are general and have lots of deer also. Little public land east of the big horns, one of the reasons I left ranchester to move to greybull. Sheridan is a nice town though has home Depot, Walmart and a sportsman's Warehouse.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Been in Sheridan now for 11 years and the hunting keeps getting better. This place is growing fast so there are some good job opportunities. Plenty of places on the mountain to disappear and find good hunting. Oh and by the way,the trout fishing is fantastic as well. P.m. me if you'd like.

Dude your gonna be stoked!!!

The adventure of it all will be less then flying into the revelations.... but Wyoming kicksass for accessible gun hunts close to home. Even better with the general tags afforded to residents. Heaps of good public pockets of lopes around Sheridan to with super ez draw odds.

jags

FNG
Been here 21 years, love it. Wy is a great place to hunt, fish, hike and explore and Sheridan is a growing community.

Also moving there this summer. Grandparents live there and have spent lots of time there. Great hunting always come home with my elk and deer. Was born in Alaska where are you moving from.

OP
R

robAK

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys. Live in Valdez but spent time in Anchorage as well. Drastic life changes, both work and life, so I’m looking forward to the next chapter. 4rcgoat, will be PMing you for sure.

jags

FNG
Growing for sure, I'm sure where ever you land co-workers will fill you in but if you need anything send me a PM.

FNG
I live near Sheridan and grew up here. You'll love all the outdoor opportunities this area provides. Pm me if you'd like to chat more about the area