Moving to Washington or Oregon From Michigan. Best Hunting and Fishing Communities?

Klamath Falls. Easy access to both the west and east sides. Very cheap cost of living. World class trout fishing for the largest wild trout outside of AK. NF and BLM land are abundant nearby. 5 hour drive to Portland and SF.

In Wa you can draw a multi deer on avg 3 out of 4 years. Even in years you don’t draw a multi tag you can typically purchase a leftover. This tag allows you to hunt deer most of the season.

Multi Elk takes 12+ so your stuck with your weapon and East/west tag

If I had to choose a western Wa community I’d stay in the Stlliy valley, Arlington to Derrington. Easy access to Cascades, Puget Sound and Everett/Seattle.

I'd move close to Phelps game calls.
And volunteer to help around the shop and learn as much as possible and maybe a more experienced hunter in the shop would take you out.?

Stay outta Washington -been here 13 years in eastern part of the state and I still haven’t drawn a bull or quality deer tag as a resident. Generally speaking a mob scene.

I’ve never hunted Oregon but Washington has some good hunting they just don’t know how to manage it. Also there are a ton I mean a ton of people that hunt in Washington. I’ve run into and met some really cool ppl out here but also a lot of cry babies that try to talk shit to you for hunting. I’ve also have my truck messed with at the trial head while I’m in the backcountry. That’s just my experience I’ve lived here my whole life on both the east and west side.

I lived in Washington this past summer for 3 months and thought that I would run into some other hunters and like minded people but few and far between. Just check out the hunting and fishing regulations on the website, I've taken organic chem classes that made more sense. Nice people but just not really a big hunting community, I would lean more towards Oregon for fishing, duck hunting, and take a drive up to Idaho for elk and deer

Or move to Vancouver, WA and cut out the state income tax, hunt WA as a resident and OR as a non-res as you can actually get a few tags in OR that aren't horrible. No one hunts WA as a NR - not worth the money unless you're after sheep, moose or goat and enter the lottery.

Or move to Vancouver, WA and cut out the state income tax, hunt WA as a resident and OR as a non-res as you can actually get a few tags in OR that aren't horrible. No one hunts WA as a NR - not worth the money unless you're after sheep, moose or goat and enter the lottery.

I guess Vancouver isn't terrible, if you like cities.
I'd slit my wrist before I lived in a town that big again.