Moving to Wisconsin

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
I'm moving to Prescott, WI in a few months from west of the Twin Cities so not necessarily new to the area but new to hunting/fishing on your side of the river. Mainly hunt whitetail/pheasant here in MN, so was curious how the hunting was around Pierce county/western WI or if I'll have to have a lengthy commute to some good public land hunting, used to having to travel to northern MN to hunt but was hoping for some closer stuff too since I'll continue to hunt MN also. Thanks in advance

GSPHUNTER

WKR
You should be able to find good white tail hunting not far from where you are moving to. Not sure about grouse around there but, slightly to the north in Sawyer county is real good grouse and deer hunting. Look at Wolfes Eagle Lodge for a place to stay if you get up that way. I am from Southern Wi. but now live in So. Cal. I make it back there in Oct. to hunt deer and grouse. fishing there can be real good at the right time of year.

I would look into buying a life time minnesota license before you move those $160 nonresident tags deer tags add up fast. Not much help on hunting land but I would buy a lifetime license if I left MN. I have heard of a walk in program where the state pays farmer to open up there land for hunting??? Might want to look into that.

OP
CTR

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I plan on getting a couple liftetime licenses before leaving since yearly hunting with family will still be in MN, they pay for themselves pretty fast compared to non-res prices

DunnCoHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Hey! I live up in Spring Valley, WI. You are gonna love Prescott. Beautiful area. We have some awesome whitetail hunting in this area. Not sure what public land is like down by Prescott, but there is a decent amount around here. There is also a good amount of private land that is leased for public access you could look into. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
CTR

CTR

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Cheezhd

FNG
Classified Approved
I'm in between Prescott and Hudson!not far from you,if you go south of Prescott in Peppin county and further south of Prescott there's some great hunting and try the kinnikinnick state park as well!