Moving up leupold vx3i to Swarovski z3. Worth it???

Thunder head

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't made the switch. I thought about it though. When I got right down to it. The VX3i will get me past legal shooting light. So I decided to spend the money on something else. Moose to be exact.

Rich M

WKR
Thinhorn, I made the exact switch about 4 yrs. ago. Went from the Leupold 2.5 to the Swaro 3-10. Honestly, I think I'm going to put the Leupold back on. To me, the crosshairs in the Leupold seem 'crisper' and clarity is as good or better than the Swaro. The Swaro is also slightly larger than the Leupold. Don't get me wrong, the Swaro is a good scope and I've killed critters with it, but I prefer the Leupold. If you decide to go Swaro, shoot me a pm, I may be selling mine.

I did the same thing but with a Leica ER. Went to the Leica and now putting VX3i on there. Leica can see in dark but I'm happier with the Leupold.

Aside from any glass differnces etc... will upgrading get you anything you feel you are missing in you current setup and desire? When you look at your rifle do you wish something else was up top? If you can't answer yes to both of these you probably won't be happy with the result.