MPI Sportac ultralite tikka stock

I finally got my MPI Sportac stock for my recent Tikka 7-300 WSM improved build.
I bedded and painted it this weekend and just put it on tonight.

The vertical grip feels awesome prone and offhand, the stock has a sleek feel which I really prefer over the blockyness of just about every other stock of the same design.
The weight is ridiculous at 1lb 4.6 oz, that's 9.1 oz lighter than the factory plastic stock.
This puts my total weight with a 9" Banish 30 suppressor and 3-18×50 Trijicon Tenmile at 8lbs 2 oz!

I'll post back when I get a chance to shoot it, hopefully tomorrow
20220801_161546.jpg
Factory stock
20220801_162001.jpg

20220807_204632.jpg20220807_212157.jpg

ID_Matt

WKR
Crazy light. Interesting design - looks like the heel and comb drop off quite a bit. Wondering how it will handle recoil?

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
Crazy light. Interesting design - looks like the heel and comb drop off quite a bit. Wondering how it will handle recoil?
Yeah that dropped comb definitely makes it jumpy..
I put a few rounds through it tonight and I'm honestly pretty disappointed in how it handles, it's not a huge deal being a suppressed 7mm but it'd be a real problem on a bigger magnum.
I'm going to give them feedback on this for sure

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
Looks like a great hunting stock design, except for that comb.

Baffles me that stock makers have had about a decade to copy gunwerks' butt stock improvements yet they keep making the same old shit.
Yeah I didn't realize it dropped that radicaly until I had it in hand, my other MPI is a traditional ultralight stock and the but is inline with the bolt.
Pretty disappointed in how it shoots from a bipod

Alder_

Lil-Rokslider
How did you get ahold of them?

They haven't been responsive to emails.

OP
762 ULTRAMAGA
How did you get ahold of them?

They haven't been responsive to emails.
My advice is go with someone else..
I sent the stock back last summer to have that stock redesigned since it was different than the one we'd discussed.
I'm still waiting for the damn thing 🙄

I’d be looking towards the Stockys Carbon VG if weight is of primary concern and you wanted a vertical grip. Much cheaper and less wait time too. I have one in a howa mini and it’s a hair over 20oz, the tikka one is a bit heavier but it’s also bigger and has a longer and wider forend than the mini. Mine was a $350 “factory second” and needed a minor fitting on the inlet, but now it fits and shoots great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bmart2622

WKR
I’d be looking towards the Stockys Carbon VG if weight is of primary concern and you wanted a vertical grip. Much cheaper and less wait time too. I have one in a howa mini and it’s a hair over 20oz, the tikka one is a bit heavier but it’s also bigger and has a longer and wider forend than the mini. Mine was a $350 “factory second” and needed a minor fitting on the inlet, but now it fits and shoots great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did you find the stock to be slippery in your hands? Did you bed the action in the Stockys stock?

Did you find the stock to be slippery in your hands? Did you bed the action in the Stockys stock?
I've had a Stocky's bare carbon, dipped and now painted Tikka stocks. The bare carbon and dipped stocks are quite slick. The web painted stock I just received is nicely textured.

The 2 VG2 stocks are relatively loose in the inlet. I sold the 1st before doing anything to it. I'll likely bed this current VG2. The sporter stock on the other hand was incredibly tight, and isn't bed.