MPR .223 loads

Just purchased a Christensen arms MPR in .223 20” 1:8 twist. Actually the first .223 I have owned. Want to use it at the range but also want to shoot a speed goat or WT doe or two. Wondering what sorta ammo guys are shooting ? Probably won’t reload for this thing for now. Seems to be plenty of factory ammo on the shelf.

ShootOkHuntWorse

Lil-Rokslider
Go read the “.223 for bear, deer, and elk” thread. Lots of knowledge. 77tmk will be the preferred but 69tmk will perform as well according to those who know.

SBR Sarge

FNG
The TMKs as mentioned above get great reviews. And they tend to shoot well. Try several different companies’ loads and see what groups they each yield.

Look also at the Barnes TSX bullet loads for the hunting, many a critter has been killed with them.

chicoredneck

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Berger VLD bullets in a .223. You get better initial penetration than with the TMK, but just as explosive results once inside the animal. The Hornady 75gr BTHP behaves just like a Berger bullet and is my preferred factory ammo for taking deer or antelope with a .223.