MR Bag on Other Frames?

Just curious if the MR Nice bags will attach to other frames without much trouble? Seems like one may be able to get one on a Kifaru, Stone Glacier, Kuiu frame etc., just curious if anyone has done this?

I ask b/c I have a MR CC but no frame and am seeking some dissatisfaction with users of the NICE frame and was wondering if I should look at getting a different frame to use while keeping costs down by not buying a bag at this time. . .

Maybe I out in left field here, but any thoughts?

Thanks all and God bless!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Cowboy, I know Aron and I have both attached MR bags to other frames. It depends on how much trouble you want to go through. I attached a CC bag to a duplex frames several years ago and it was a pain int he ass and it looked like like a gypsy moving company. I don't recall which one Aron did, but I know it didin't turn out well and was a pain in the but. I didn't try a Kuiu or Stone Glacier. It just depends on how much work you want to do to try and make it happen. Generally I have found the pack bags are easiest to use with their counterpart frames as engineered. But if you wanted to try, it takes a little time, lots fo male/female buckles and a little patience.

OP
cowboyarcher
Cowboy, I know Aron and I have both attached MR bags to other frames. It depends on how much trouble you want to go through. I attached a CC bag to a duplex frames several years ago and it was a pain int he ass and it looked like like a gypsy moving company. I don't recall which one Aron did, but I know it didin't turn out well and was a pain in the but. I didn't try a Kuiu or Stone Glacier. It just depends on how much work you want to do to try and make it happen. Generally I have found the pack bags are easiest to use with their counterpart frames as engineered. But if you wanted to try, it takes a little time, lots fo male/female buckles and a little patience.

This is kind of what I was thinking. . .My time is much more readily available than my money right now though so it seems tempting. . . Perhaps I'd be better off to sell the CC though and start fresh with products designed for each other.

Thanks for the input!

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think selling the bag would be easiest and best in the long run unless you prefer the NICE Frame. If you do, just buy the MR Frame.

stephen b

WKR
I agree with Rosinbag in that it is best to match the frame to the original frame for which it is intended.

But I have done MR bags on the Kifaru Duplex frame and it does work and it is not real hard to do.

Here is a thread that I put on here showing a variety of bags put on the Kifaru frame- including 2 MR bags:

http://www.rokslide.com/forums/show...g-versatility-(one-modular-pack-fans-journey)

And just today I took a MR cc that I got for a reasonable price and I put it on a Kifaru frame and it was real easy to do.Just need some slotted female buckles on the sides to make it work. There are plenty of attachment points to work with on the kifaru frame; and if you have the hardware kit from the Kifaru cargo panels, there is all the hardware you need to work with in that. Or you can buy the individual hardware from kifaru or Supply Captain.

*** BTW- just this morning I cut 14.95 oz of stuff out of the MR CC that is just wasted fluff. It went from a 3.4 lb. set up to a 2.4 lbs (39 oz.) set up. Which is not too bad considering you now have a built in cargo panel with you with the crew cab. Only reason I will probably keep it - because I got a good deal on it and it would be an easier set up to use for a small day hunt, when compared to a Kifaru Cargo Panel and a few pockets attached. And the MR CC does have a bunch of organizational pockets already built into it allready.

But even at 2.4 lbs. for the MR CC- that is still the same wt. as my Kifaru Longhunter Guide bag and only slightly less than the Kifaru DT2 bag I have coming.

so- putting other bags on the frame does work and I do like figuring out the puzzle- but it is easier to get the ones that match. Good luck and have fun.

RosinBag

Super Moderator
Staff member
Stephen you did a good job on those attachments. Having all the right buckles and straps is a must, but your looked well done.

OP
cowboyarcher
Stephen,

Those were the pics I was hoping for and great info, thank you! I figured with some mods just about any bag could be made to fit any frame and you have shown how it can be done. Great work!

stephen b

WKR
Stephen,

Those were the pics I was hoping for and great info, thank you! I figured with some mods just about any bag could be made to fit any frame and you have shown how it can be done. Great work!

I am glad it helped. if you have any ?'s or want to talk about it further shoot me a PM. Or you can call me at (541) 915-6529.