MR Daypack Lid with Kifaru DT pack

millsms

FNG
i ordered the Kifaru DT3 Pack with Standard lid and might consider getting a different top for it. I looked at the Kifaru XTL lid which runs $96 14 oz and 600ci or the MR Daypack lid runs $90 weighs 17 oz and has 900ci...i like the 2 pockets with the MR Daypack lid and ability to run another 100oz of hydration.
Anyone ever done this or know if the Daypack lid would fit on a Kifaru pack?

stephen b

WKR
MR day pack lid will work on the DT bag- just need a female buckle on the strap coming up from the DT bag. The regular MR female buckles will thread through the DT bag's back lid strap. I know I can put a MR Glacier top lid ( same as a Nice frame daypack lid, but slightly smaller) on the Kifaru LH bags. And I can vice-versa also put a the Kifaru standard lid on the MR Glacier pack.

I know it works fine on the Kifaru LH bags and the DT bags, since they all have the strap coming up from the back of the bag to attach to the Kifaru lids. The MR lids have a male buckle coming out the back of the lid and all you need is a female buckle on the Kifaru bag lid strap and it will work fine. Just need to use compatible colored hardware - ( all the tan and foliage buckles are inter-changeable, but black only works with black).

BTW- Regarding the XTL price; I believe the $96 dollar price you stated above for the XTL lid is only the additional added price to the Timberline, or DT bags if you order the XTL lid with the bag instead of the standard lid. I believe if you order the XTL lid either as either an accessory or in addition to the standard lid, then the XTL price is $116. I could be mistaken about that, but I think that is the case.

Last edited:

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I do exactly this and really like the set up on my lh. I plan on using it with my dt3 purchase in the near future.

OP
millsms

millsms

FNG
I can post pics later if you want them.
That would be great...You might be right about the cost. I couldn't find where kifaru had the price listed by itself and while on the phone with them they weren't quite sure either but i found the price under the comparison of the DT bags which might be where i got a lower price...I'm glad the MR lid will work i'm looking forward to the pics. THanks

ScottR_EHJ

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I used the buckles that came with my Top Lid as well as a couple from my cargo panel.

Attachments

• IMG_0458[1].jpg
    IMG_0458[1].jpg
    78 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0462[1].jpg
    IMG_0462[1].jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 57