MR Guide Light Frame Waistbelt Issue

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody with an MR Guide Light Frame have trouble keeping tension on their waist belt? I find that the waist belt on my Cabinet has a tendency to need constant readjustments. The waist buckles like to “back off” once I get them set at a specific tension and start hiking again. This is especially true under load. The pack has been great for the last 4 seasons but this waist belt has definitely been frustrating me lately...

So I am curious if anybody has a fix or is it just a poor design?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can change out the buckles, I have done this with every single pack I have owned, regardless of manufacturer. I use a waist buckle made for the military ruck systems, it comes in a repair kit. I purchase the kit off ebay. I have them in black, foliage and tan. I think they run about $10. I have a few extras, send me a pm and I will send you one if you'd like.

Mine did that. There are some ways to retrofit the belt as mentioned above. I looked into it but sold mine before I got around to it.

OP
el_jefe_pescado

el_jefe_pescado

Lil-Rokslider
You can change out the buckles, I have done this with every single pack I have owned, regardless of manufacturer. I use a waist buckle made for the military ruck systems, it comes in a repair kit. I purchase the kit off ebay. I have them in black, foliage and tan. I think they run about $10. I have a few extras, send me a pm and I will send you one if you'd like.

This is helpful!!! PM sent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UtahJimmy

WKR
I have the original guide light (not the MT) and have not had an issue with belt slip.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk