MR guide light MT fitment issue

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Picked up a 2020 Metcalf and have been packing 50lbs of sand 4 miles 3 times a week.
I’m having issues with the chest strap buckles digging into my upper arm and the shoulder straps are kinda pinching me in the crease of my armpit. I can tighten down the chest strap to pull the buckles in away from my arms, but it’s too tight. I can move the strap up and down, but that just changes where the buckle contacts my arms.

I’ve watch several videos on properly fitting this pack, and feel its good other than the chest straps. Any thoughts? Is this a symptom of improper fitment?

Picked up a 2020 Metcalf and have been packing 50lbs of sand 4 miles 3 times a week.
I’m having issues with the chest strap buckles digging into my upper arm and the shoulder straps are kinda pinching me in the crease of my armpit. I can tighten down the chest strap to pull the buckles in away from my arms, but it’s too tight. I can move the strap up and down, but that just changes where the buckle contacts my arms.

I’ve watch several videos on properly fitting this pack, and feel its good other than the chest straps. Any thoughts? Is this a symptom of improper fitment?

Post a pic if you can but the chest strap should not be pulled tight. It sounds like the yoke is not positioned properly.

I would call MR and ask them for guidance. Their customer service is great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hflier

WKR
Classified Approved
What is your torso length, build and what size pack did you buy?

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
What is your torso length, build and what size pack did you buy?

6’ 190lbs 35-36” waist. My torso measured about 20”. I bought a large yoke and medium belt.

when fitting I didn’t change yoke at all when u received it as it seemed ok. I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if these pics help any.

Attachments

• 3FE8572B-6E0A-48D9-BD61-EEA94432F0E9.jpeg
    3FE8572B-6E0A-48D9-BD61-EEA94432F0E9.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 62
  • 8AAF7CAB-C49C-482F-A490-AD21ECBD5D08.jpeg
    8AAF7CAB-C49C-482F-A490-AD21ECBD5D08.jpeg
    252.4 KB · Views: 62
  • 3CB4F325-A645-4EF9-BD6F-E50C979455E0.jpeg
    3CB4F325-A645-4EF9-BD6F-E50C979455E0.jpeg
    235.8 KB · Views: 58
Is that pic fully loaded? *Heres an amateur take*. My guess is your bag is sagging and pulling your yoke down and straps bit your arm. Try extending the yoke up more. For me body the yoke “y” ended up about 1” from the base of my neck under load to get the right about of clearance at my arms.

Above anything, Call MR and they will help you out. I had to talk to them a bit to trouble shoot my set up. Ended up with a small yoke and med belt.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
Is that pic fully loaded? *Heres an amateur take*. My guess is your bag is sagging and pulling your yoke down and straps bit your arm. Try extending the yoke up more. For me body the yoke “y” ended up about 1” from the base of my neck under load to get the right about of clearance at my arms.

Above anything, Call MR and they will help you out. I had to talk to them a bit to trouble shoot my set up. Ended up with a small yoke and med belt.

No not loaded at all.

I was thinking the same thing as far as pulling down with weight. Maybe I’m not using the load lifters properly.

Load lifters don’t take much to work and shouldn’t be cranked down. Pack should be adjusted, waist/shoulder/chest/load lifters. Then during a hike it’s a small tweak between lifters and shoulders to transfer weight back and forth.

I find for me, I need to get the belt up and locked in my hip crest a few times before I can tweak the rest for the hike. Then pull the shoulder straps to my hip join to make sure the strap rides right. Dunno why but that’s how MR rides for me.

Cdroot89

Lil-Rokslider
I am not an expert by any means but I think your yoke is to long. It looks like your pack is riding even/below your iliac crest. When I went to MR they told me the waist strap should be at or slightly above my belly button. Like others said above, just adjust it and see how it feels and/or call MR.

pods8 (Rugged Stitching)

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I think your yoke is too short actually (or you have the belt riding too low), the seam of the yoke/shoulder strap is supposed to be at the top of your shoulder blade. Moving that will bring the inward arching portion of the should straps down your chest a bit more, DO use the sternum strap to pull the straps into the center a bit so they aren't going sideways into your arm pits. This should not compress your chest if you haven't overly tightened the should straps, if needed let out a bit of the shoulder straps and resnug with the chest strap in place and not compressing your chest. Remember the shoulder straps are really just keeping the load held to your back to let the belt hold it up, they aren't holding up the load.

But make sure the hip belt is in the right spot before tuning in the above stuff.

OP
E

emmagator

Lil-Rokslider
I think your yoke is too short actually (or you have the belt riding too low), the seam of the yoke/shoulder strap is supposed to be at the top of your shoulder blade. Moving that will bring the inward arching portion of the should straps down your chest a bit more, DO use the sternum strap to pull the straps into the center a bit so they aren't going sideways into your arm pits. This should not compress your chest if you haven't overly tightened the should straps, if needed let out a bit of the shoulder straps and resnug with the chest strap in place and not compressing your chest. Remember the shoulder straps are really just keeping the load held to your back to let the belt hold it up, they aren't holding up the load.

But make sure the hip belt is in the right spot before tuning in the above stuff.
Yes you are correct. I meant to report back.

I shortened the yolk and it got worse, shoulder straps didn’t sit right. Lengthened the yolk and problem solved. With the waist belt set, lengthening the yolk allowed more of the shoulder strap to come down my chest. Feels much better loaded now. Thanks guys!