MR Load Sling vs Crew Cab

dduarte85

FNG
What is the realistic difference between the two systems in regards to practical use? I already have a nice frame and a load sling, is it worth finding a crew cab bag?

Do the side pouches restrict the dimensional size of a load on the CC?

It gives you some pack space. between the main bag and the wings it has decent capacity. the wing pockets don’t really restrict IMO. You can run them empty with as wide a load as you want. They can also be strapped around some bulky loads.

OP
D

dduarte85

FNG
It gives you some pack space. between the main bag and the wings it has decent capacity. the wing pockets don’t really restrict IMO. You can run them empty with as wide a load as you want. They can also be strapped around some bulky loads.
I found a decent deal (150 bucks) on eBay for the bag only. Might as well try it out.

Never cared for the camp bag pack in thing. I like a pack for my gear. The whole strapping and balancing thing didn’t work for me. I used to run my crew cab as a meat hauling daypack. It works great but weighs a lot. I run a pop up 38 now for the same reason.

I was issued an MR NICE Crew Cab and 6500 bag. I have hauled things with both the load sling and the crew cab on my NICE frame and I think the crew cab allows you to haul things a little easier. The side pockets can either lay flat against the inside of the cargo area or you can open it out sideways and then use the side pockets to wrap around whatever you have in the cargo area.

Since you already have the NICE frame a Crew Cab bag is very useful. It is heavy and I have switched to a SG X-curve 5900/7900 for most trips but the MR NICE Crew Cab is bombproof and is a great pack. I used to run Kifaru before I switched to SG and I think the MR NICE Crew Cab will survive abuse that none of my other packs would. The thing is overbuilt but you never have to worry about tearing or ripping something.

I strongly recommend both the OV load lifter extensions and the belt slides, for not much money they improve the NICE frame comfort dramatically.

OP
D

dduarte85

FNG
I was issued an MR NICE Crew Cab and 6500 bag. I have hauled things with both the load sling and the crew cab on my NICE frame and I think the crew cab allows you to haul things a little easier. The side pockets can either lay flat against the inside of the cargo area or you can open it out sideways and then use the side pockets to wrap around whatever you have in the cargo area.

Since you already have the NICE frame a Crew Cab bag is very useful. It is heavy and I have switched to a SG X-curve 5900/7900 for most trips but the MR NICE Crew Cab is bombproof and is a great pack. I used to run Kifaru before I switched to SG and I think the MR NICE Crew Cab will survive abuse that none of my other packs would. The thing is overbuilt but you never have to worry about tearing or ripping something.

I strongly recommend both the OV load lifter extensions and the belt slides, for not much money they improve the NICE frame comfort dramatically.
Well dang ... https://ovinnovations.com/collections/nice-frame-accessories/products/g2-load-lifter-panel-llp

I have a set too. Contact IOV via phone or email. Also contact MR directly. Possibly the service or repairs team at MR. they may still make them as a special item.

k26ON

FNG
Thanks for the heads up on this - I've been wondering if these are still sold.