MR Metcalf

Looking for some advice. Bought a Metcalf last year and took it elk hunting in December. I had "practiced" prior to the hunt by taking the dog for walks with my backpack filled with landscape bricks(~45 lbs). With my 5.11 rush 24 bag, I felt great. The closer I got to hunt, I started using the Metcalf.

With my Metcalf, the middle of my upper back gets tight/tired/sore....is this just a fitment issue? I have the Large yoke...should I have bought the small frame and just gotten a Large belt separately?

OP
S
Maybe? I shopped my local scheels store and they said I needed a large, but I ordered it from Mountain Archery on the black friday deals. I watched the MR youtube videos regarding setting the yoke, but I'm fairly certain that I have the yoke as short as it will go.

*zap*

WKR
There should be a tag that shows how to fit the yoke. If it will not adjust short enough maybe they will exchange it for what you need.

Call Mystery Ranch and they can guide you. They were very helpful about fitting my Glacier last year. Also they have some great videos on adjusting the pack to fit on YouTube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or go to rei. Mine is good at fitting. I ended up with a med belt and small yoke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had this same issue and never did get it to fit the way I wanted it too. I ended up trying a few other high end packs and found one that fit my body better. My dad also had this issue but he was able to get it to fit right after watching the videos and having someone else help him fit it.

DamnRinella

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some advice. Bought a Metcalf last year and took it elk hunting in December. I had "practiced" prior to the hunt by taking the dog for walks with my backpack filled with landscape bricks(~45 lbs). With my 5.11 rush 24 bag, I felt great. The closer I got to hunt, I started using the Metcalf.

With my Metcalf, the middle of my upper back gets tight/tired/sore....is this just a fitment issue? I have the Large yoke...should I have bought the small frame and just gotten a Large belt separately?
I was doing the same with my rush bag and felt it all on the shoulders vs the hips.