MR Pintler question.

TXNHNTR

FNG
I'm looking to get a pack for my OTC Colorado archery hunt this year and I think I've narrowed it down between the KUIU Icon Pro 1850 and the MR Pintler (I'm trying to keep it under $500). This is going to be a strictly used as a daypack and I'm wondering how well the Pintler will compress down if I dont fill up the full 2500 cu in of it?

It’s not bulky even uncompressed however it has ample compression straps to make it nearly flat against your back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the Pintler for everything out here (elk, deer, turkey, etc) and it compresses down great. If you’re just day hunting, it will expand or compress to whatever size you need

22Jdub

Lil-Rokslider
Pintler compresses down great, used it on a Wyoming mule deer hunt last year. However I didn't care for the way the straps hamper quick access. I think the new sawtooth is better in that respect.

Have a look at the MR pop up 28. Smaller, lighter and cheaper. IMO it shines against other packs if you are using in daypack mode most of the time. It will haul a load of meat when needed and could even do an overnight or two with the right loading. Love mine.

vthokee

WKR
Great pack for day hunt or overnight but I ended up upgrading to the selway 60 because I needed more for extended days in the backcountry.

Poltax

Lil-Rokslider
Does the razor 85 spotting scope ride ok in the pintler pack? Thanks

Yes it does. I have the 85 and it sits just fine in the left inside pocket and then I put my tripod on the outside right pocket.

Last edited:

Trial153

WKR
The Pintler is solid. It’s a great size for day hunts from a camp, no question it compress down nicely. Even loaded it isn’t over cumbersome. I been bowhunting with it on an off for the last three years. I also owned two icon pro, two because the first needed to be replaced under warranty because of strap/ suspension failure, the second got sold promptly as lost confidence in it and felt it wasn’t dependable.
Of the two I would chose the MR by far. I also have a MR pop up 18 that’s seen some use, however I have only hauled one elk with it so far. It shines in day pack mode, no comparison to a full hight frame, however you loose a slight bit in load hauling. A trade off that’s worth taking in some instance.

Here is the Pinter with half a woodland Caribou last week, a hind, shoulder and back straps in the bag, with the rack. My guide had the other half and the cape. It was nice taking it all out in one load.
243a54ab60e75942dd5f12c83d822e4b.jpg

7081bed285c17a07900b6d83e600f723.jpg