MR Pintler sale vs 2020 MR line

I am looking to upgrade my overnight pack. Originally planned on picking up a sawtooth during the next sale (assuming one comes up), but the Pintler popped up on camofire today to muddy the waters.

MR Pintler with guide light frame on sale for $309.
MR Sawtooth with guide light MT for ~$325 if I catch it on sale like the sale I missed in October.

What would you do... Hold off for a Sawtooth sale, or pull the trigger on the pintler?

Girlfriend just picked up the pintler off camofire. Seems like it will make a great day pack. For myself I think it would be too small for much more than that. I have been using a sacrifice for several years now and am seriously thinking about picking up the metcalf.

Both are great packs. I swapped my pintler for a sawtooth. The frame is an upgrade. More like a refinement than a wholesale change. Unless I was really itchy, I would hold out for the new pack and frame, in part because you have the forward compatibility with other packs down the road.

OP
L
Both are great packs. I swapped my pintler for a sawtooth. The frame is an upgrade. More like a refinement than a wholesale change. Unless I was really itchy, I would hold out for the new pack and frame, in part because you have the forward compatibility with other packs down the road.

Thanks, that's great feedback! If I could figure out how to PM I'd try to get a used one lol

+1 on this... hold out for the Sawtooth & you'll love it.. If you still need more room get the 40L dry cell bag & put it on the load shelf