MR Pop Up 18-anyone use this pack?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought one of these awhile back and honestly pretty much forgot I had it. Discovered it the other day in my gear room and I am trying to decide if I need to use it or to sell it. I have yet to use it.

I like the concept but not sure if it is good on a pack this size. I am curious to see if anyone has one and what usage you get from the pack.

Wapiti151

WKR
I have the 28 and love it. I use my SG most of the time, but for a day pack that I can load with 80 lbs...it’s dang hard to beat. I wouldn’t trade my SG for anything...but if you just want a small day pack that can carry a load in your gear “toolbox”, I’d keep it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my 18 is my archery roosie pack, it's made for that... super low profile, great in the brush, and fits the daily essentials for September hunting on the coast... also bomb proof. i have used it a lot rifle deer hunting too, when i don't need any extra clothes and just want to go ultra minimal. great pack for it's niche.... nothing better on the market for it's niche, but it's certainly a niche item. not super versatile, but mine gets a lot of use... love it

Trial153

WKR
My go to elk pack when I hunting from a set camp. Low profile and agile. Hauls well enough for what it is. No problem loading quarters out

I use mine quite a bit for day hunts. No issues hauling elk quarters or a whole quartered black tail. The low profile is great for getting through thick western wa brush. If I need to haul more stuff than will fit in the 18l pack I just shove it between the pack and frame on the meat shelf.

Goatboy22

FNG
Love my pop-up 18! Packed out my two muley bucks and 1/2 my brother's elk each of the 1st two seasons I owned it. And hauled the 1st load out with it, because it's my hunting pack. If I want to haul more with me when I'm hunting, I use a dry bag between the frame and pack bag. I used to hunt with my Kifaru Scout, and after a kill had to go back to my truck to get my big pack for the haul out, adding another trip. My Kifaru 24" duplex frame and Apollo bag haven't left my shop rack since 2017. That 24" frame sticking up above my head kept hanging me up on low pinon trees while hunting, the pop-up doesn't. My 100 lb + packing days are over anyway, so 60 lbs. on the pop-up is the way to go for me. Some folks don't like the water bottle pouches on the side, thinking they're too big, but they hold big 46 - 64 oz water bottles like the kind you buy apple juice, etc. in at the store). You can pretty much get any size or shape bottle you want to fit the pack that way. I like the 46 oz. wide mouth applesauce bottles. Still love my Scout for fly fishing and bird hunting, and if I was packing out 100 lb. plus loads consistently, I would stick with the Kifaru Duplex frame.

MiPublic

FNG
I bought one of these awhile back and honestly pretty much forgot I had it. Discovered it the other day in my gear room and I am trying to decide if I need to use it or to sell it. I have yet to use it.

I like the concept but not sure if it is good on a pack this size. I am curious to see if anyone has one and what usage you get from the pack.
I hear they are terrible. 🤣🤣🤣I think you should sell it to me...