MR PopUp 28

sivart

WKR
Does anyone have any experience w/ the 2020 model? Reviews? Also wondering if you can strap a bow to the pack, as I don't see center compression straps.

There are a few threads here and there on it. I have a 2020 38. I updated from the 28 earlier version. I found the bag a little small for my late season day hunts. Both are solid options and can carry a load in fair comfort. I didn’t have any trouble strapping s bow to mine but the bag itself is smaller than the bow so you have to be careful putting it on and taking it off.

OP
S

sivart

WKR
Did you just attach the bow on the side of the pack w/ the side compression straps?

brerud2

FNG
I strapped a bow to the back of mine on an elk hunt. I used sportsmans rubber wire ties through holes in the riser below and above the grip. I attached it directly to the back of the pack using the small loops. It worked well except as said earlier - be careful taking it off and setting the pack down. The pack is smaller than your bow.

brerud2

FNG
I used a 2020 model 28 on several day trips and one 3 day trip. 3 day trip was early season, no rain in the forecast and was warm. I put a few things (tent, pad, and sleeping bag) on the load shelf to haul them in and out. I used the pack while hunting every day and loved it.
I learned that I really should have a 38 on late season day trips whitetail rifle hunting. Carrying in layers of clothing and keeping them dry was tricky. Bibs and Parka don't easily fit in the bag so I used a dry bag on the load shelf. Would have been simpler to just have a larger bag on the frame but the pack is so comfortable I chose to use it anyways instead of a kelty hiking pack I also have. I never packed out a real heavy load with it but had about 45 pounds on it a few times and I believe it can haul more than I can realistically carry.
I am likely going to sell my 28 and get a 38 or possibly even a metcalf. I like the pack a lot but think the larger bag will be more useful for the hunting I do