MR-sawtooth 45 in hand

handwerk

WKR
Just showed up today so no real testing yet.
My main pack is a SG sky 5900 X-curve , it's pack that has worked very well for me both in layout and while packing out elk/deer. That pack isn't going anywhere.
I wanted to get a slightly smaller daypack that still had a load shelf and one my daughter could also use as needed. Having never owned a MR I thought I'd give it a try.
It will be a couple days before I can put weight in it and take it on a hike but so far I am pleased with the sensible layout inside and out, liking the exterior pocket size and the 5 pcs. belt seems like it could work quite well. The streamline lid is a nice touch and that has more storage in it than I thought.
I got foliage with the medium belt and it seems to fit my 33" waist nicely with enough room for adjustment.
Only real world use will tell if it is as robustly built as my SG and carries weight as nicely but it will be fun finding out.

baeloth

FNG
Thinking about the new 80l Beartooth to replace my Eberlestock system, looking forward to your review. I've been wearing a MR fire pack for years. They certainly build robust gear.

OP
H

handwerk

WKR
Ok a little follow up. I finally got out snowshoeing with about 45 lbs in the the new pack. It seemed to adjust to my curved back pretty well, the hip belt tightened up proper and over all felt good. I spent a little more time schooling on the pocket layout/use, think things would work pretty well for my needs of a solid daypack that can carry meat as well as spotter and tripod and other goodies. Next up I'll try and add another 30lbs or so and find some dirt someplace, gain some elevation and see how it does, thus far a thumbs up.
P1010523 (2).JPG

Thanks for the follow up! How well does it cinch down when the inside of the pack is less than full? Thanks!

EmperorMA

WKR
I really, really like this pack and the way it’s setup with everything you need without having to purchase a bunch of expensive (and heavy) add-ons, pockets and accessories.

Ledanek

Lil-Rokslider
Can you pls provide us some pictures of the waist belt.
I'm trying to confirm if this is the same waist belt found on the 2017-18 Mountain Packs like the T100 or Glaciers

Thanks for the time and the review

Just ordered my beartooth 80... now the waiting game :)
If I love it will likely be selling my marshall in multicam with an XXL belt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NDGuy

WKR
How does the load shelf differ? I remember them saying that they made it easier to acccess it.

OP
H

handwerk

WKR
Best to watch a you tube video..... but that was one of the features that interested me, a main buckle between the bag/frame unsnaps, then release the side buckles and slide off the bag to get to the shelf, pretty slick.
My SG pack has worked well too, this is just a different way to open things up.