MR-sawtooth 45 in hand

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
got one being delivered today, really excited! I'm 5'7" with a 31" waist and went with the small belt. I was originally looking for a Medium, but saw some reviews that said you should go down in size if you are close, and the Medium was sold out on Black Ovis 25% off sale... so I got the small =]

got one being delivered today, really excited! I'm 5'7" with a 31" waist and went with the small belt. I was originally looking for a Medium, but saw some reviews that said you should go down in size if you are close, and the Medium was sold out on Black Ovis 25% off sale... so I got the small =]

i found the sawtooth on scheels.com for the same price as blackovis, but they had M in stock. I called mystery ranch directly as I am similar size to you, a few inches taller but waist 31-32". Was told to get the medium. I hope they told me correctly! Curious to how yours fits.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
i found the sawtooth on scheels.com for the same price as blackovis, but they had M in stock. I called mystery ranch directly as I am similar size to you, a few inches taller but waist 31-32". Was told to get the medium. I hope they told me correctly! Curious to how yours fits.

I’m digging the small right now, I’m in pretty good shape for me, after a few month training block getting ready for some competitive stuff later in July. My normal 32” pants are falling off, so I’m probably about a 30” or so right now.

That being said, I am at the top end of the small, where the pads wrap around my hips and there is alot of strap in front of my belly. I haven’t been able to really weigh it down yet to see if I’ll have an issue with that, but with light loads/ no load shelf usage it’s rock solid and very comfy.

I’m digging the small right now, I’m in pretty good shape for me, after a few month training block getting ready for some competitive stuff later in July. My normal 32” pants are falling off, so I’m probably about a 30” or so right now.

That being said, I am at the top end of the small, where the pads wrap around my hips and there is alot of strap in front of my belly. I haven’t been able to really weigh it down yet to see if I’ll have an issue with that, but with light loads/ no load shelf usage it’s rock solid and very comfy.

good to hear, looking forward to getting my hands on mine. I think it will fit nicely after hearing your specs and experiences. appreciate the reply

9.3 Fan

FNG
Having used mainly Kifaru for a number of years that seems like a pretty thick belt. But it doesn't sound like you've had any problems so far with hot spots on your lower back?

THBZN

Lil-Rokslider
I have used the Sawtooth a fair bit, and the layout of the bag, the Overload feature and the super comfy and supportive waistbelt are spot on.
And when the weight starts piling on, you will be very thankful for the 5-pc. belt and the amount of padding. IMO the best belt/frame combo out there.

Does the bag separate from the frame so you can use the frame solo or with another bag?

Yes.

Although the load shelf is built into the bag on the sawtooth (and beartooth). To use it with older gen MR packs (or other brands) you will need to get the adaptor kit.

CREillY

Lil-Rokslider
Yes.

Although the load shelf is built into the bag on the sawtooth (and beartooth). To use it with older gen MR packs (or other brands) you will need to get the adaptor kit.

I thought is was just a buckle kit? Any idea what the kit will consist of?

Is it possible to purchase the new guide light mt frame solo?

Currently, only from Idiots like me that buy two packs and sell one of the frames. Mine is in the classifieds now with the adaptor kit. A couple of others have popped up there too.

I thought is was just a buckle kit? Any idea what the kit will consist of?

Buckles and a few straps.

rjb0021

FNG
I'm looking at the Beartooth if they ever get back into stock. What bladder are you guys running on your MR?
Just picked up a Platypus Big Zip 3L bag to use with my Beartooth. Haven’t filled it up yet but it seems like it’ll be a tight fit.

Dirty-D

Lil-Rokslider
When I called MR they said all packs were going to the new frame style in 2020 also they are going to do subalpine in the new pack material as well. I’m gonna buy a mule bag and maybe a Del way or other large bag in subalpine to go on this frame. It’s beennworking great with my charcoal training loads on the load shelf.

I haven't used mine for a hike or hunting yet but so far I like what I see and have my hands on. One thing I don't like is that it only has two side cinch straps. The two on it are too close together. I think a third would really help stabilize any longer items you wanted to carry in the elastic side pocket.

The two straps will hold tripods or trekking poles just fine. I tried strapping a few different rifles to it yesterday and its a no go for me. I use trekking poles full time now and need a way to carry my rifle hands free. I never had much luck with any sort of sling systems.

I ordered a kifaru gun bearer yesterday. I ordered the Kifaru specific bearer and the universal upper. We will see how that goes.