MR Tri-zip pack mated to Kifaru frame?

ObesityMD

FNG
In a bit of a conundrum looking for my first big boy pack set up. I've concluded the Kifaru tactical/hunter frame is the best fit but my wife isn't the biggest fan of their packs. She loves the trizip design of MR bags (As do I) but the guidelight frame doesn't seem as robust and the NICE frame is heavy AF.

Being designated pack mule in my family I would also like to jerry-rig a child carrier to the kifaru external frame + cargo panel. :unsure:
I don't need all these functions at the same time, and we will probably end up buying a separate internal frame bag for my wife to use full time, but I believe in buy-once-cry-once and getting the maximum use out of the minimal # of packs.

Has anyone here tried to create a MR Tri-zip- Kifaru frame bastard redhead child?

As far as use cases go, this will be used for 3-5 day excursions , training, traveling , and doing all the above with small children

It can be done but I think it is suboptimal. The MR mates to the frame in a different way than kifaru. A few straps and buckles cans make it work but I wouldn’t run it that way long term. Too much flop.

PS I hauled some big loads on a guidelight frame. I like the guidelight Mt more for comfort but haven’t hauled enough with mine for a comparison.

Several of us mated the MR LongBow bag (Pintler Bag is the “updated” version of the LongBow) to a Kifaru frame over the years. Works great with a couple of minor mods. Just had to be willing to make a couple of slits in the LongBow sleeve to accommodate the load lifter straps and swap some buckles around. Haven’t seen a Pintler in person but can’t imagine it would be much different.

PPab6177

Lil-Rokslider
I have even used a dragon slayer and mounted it to a Kifaru frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk