MSR Hubba Hubba NX vs Big Agnes Copper Spur HV UL 2

Had the huh nx for 3 seasons and works great in all weather conditions. Enough space for two larger guys as well. Good ventilation and easy setup.

ljalberta

WKR
That’s odd as the MSR website says 3 lbs 14oz.

Mine is 4.17lb on the scale with the fly and body, poles, pole sack, tent stuff sack, stake sack, 10 Needle stakes, and footprint. However I never actually bring any of the stuff sacks which shaves a few ounces and the 7oz footprint isn’t truly needed either.

I would not do 2 guys in the Hubba Hubba unless you absolutely have to.
I used one last year for myself and it was great to have room to move and put clothes aside to air out. The double vestibule are great to keep a large pack and bow. It survived a raging tstorm the first night. I had a condensation problem but as a newbie I don't think I had the vents open.
No help on the BA.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a MSR Hubba Hubba NX2, and I love it. Very light, lots of room, very waterproof, useable vestibule space, nice interior pockets, and the pack bag system works very well.

I’ve been running the copper spur 2 for three years now and love it. Light weight and holds up to strong winds with no problem. I like that can just use the rain fly with poles and save another pound.
Mark

I would not run 2 man tent for 2 people. 3 man barely weighs more, and worth every extra oz.

Both brands are great. I like my Copper Spur, because it's less than 3 pounds including 8 stakes and footprint. Two vestibules are pretty big. But it is a two man version.

CO-AJ

WKR
I backpack with a buddy who has the MSR Hubba Hubba. He loves it, most camping is in the Rockies but he has used it for frequesnt scout trips when his sons were younger and on some canoe trips in MN. Never a drop of water inside and woke last year to some snow loading on the tent with no issues. Numerous reviews place the MSR in their top rankings of free standing tents. I believe the BA may have a bit more floor space but definitely consider the hydrostatic head and waterproofing of both companies fabric.