MSR Reactor

I would recommend the 1.7 liter,because it will stow the 8oz. or the 4oz. fuel canisters. I primarily use the 8oz. because it works out lighter than two 4oz. I also like the extra capacity because at dinnertime I tend to heat water for my dehydrated meal and then there's enough for a cup of decaf to warm the belly and settle in for the night. IMO. The extra 3oz. is negligible considering the extra capability.

What muley buck said. Plus the every thing fits very snugly in the 1 liter, too snugly for my liking. Not a problem yet, but wish I went a size up.

I have both. I use the 1 liter when I go solo. I use the 1.7 liter when I am with people.

Terrific stove. Nothing like it for heat output.

A tip for very cold weather: Warm up the gas canister under your jacket. Then attach the canister and heat up a small amount of water (warm, not hot) and pour it in your bowl or cup. Then, set the stove in the bowl, so the canister is sitting in the warm water.

This keeps the gas warmer, and improves the stove's performance at very low temperatures.

I have both. I use the 1 liter when I go solo. I use the 1.7 liter when I am with people.

Terrific stove. Nothing like it for heat output.

A tip for very cold weather: Warm up the gas canister under your jacket. Then attach the canister and heat up a small amount of water (warm, not hot) and pour it in your bowl or cup. Then, set the stove in the bowl, so the canister is sitting in the warm water.

This keeps the gas warmer, and improves the stove's performance at very low temperatures.

I have done the warming the canister up with body heat thing but the warm water trick sounds pretty cool.👍(provided water is in ample supply) I like how you can help stabilize the temperature when it is in use. And yes the reactor is a fantastic stove, I have yet to find someone who uses one that does not absolutely love it.