MSR Windburner Duo failure

TheRambler

Lil-Rokslider
I was absolutely loving my MSR windburner duo over about the past year. However, last weekend it suffered a total failure. Thankfully it failed after making coffee for the day.

Stove was in use boiling for coffee. Stove was lowered down to a simmer level flame and the windburner skillet put in in prep for pancakes. A few seconds later i heard aN audible click and the stove shut off and could not be recovered.

i had read about a way to reset the thermal trip on the original windburner and so I attempted the procedure to “push down” the jet even though it didn’t appear to be raised up with no success. Despite multiple attempts i could not get the stove to let gas flow again.

i returned it to rei for an exchange since it was 11 months old. Hoping the new one is good to go and this failure was just a fluke.

i was really loving this stove but this failure has me questioning its reliability.

Has anyone else had a windburner or windburner duo fail? I couldn’t really find anything with my google fu

bigbaddad71

Lil-Rokslider
My Windburner has worked flawlessly for 3 years now..

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

My windburned has run great for me without issue thus far. One reason I went with Windburned over Jetboil was that my research showed it was more durable and less issues with things going wrong.

Hi. I know this is an old post but just wanted to share some info for anyone having similar issues with this stove. As far as I know the MSR Wind-burner stoves CANNOT be used with any other pots or pans than the one it comes with. these will cause the stove to over heat and trip the shut off. Only certain Jet-boil stoves with their pot stand can use other pots and pans. Hope this helps.

ohoopee

WKR
I use my windburner with a small titanium rack on top. It has cooked many meals in my snow peak pot and heated a lot of water.

Hi. I know this is an old post but just wanted to share some info for anyone having similar issues with this stove. As far as I know the MSR Wind-burner stoves CANNOT be used with any other pots or pans than the one it comes with. these will cause the stove to over heat and trip the shut off. Only certain Jet-boil stoves with their pot stand can use other pots and pans. Hope this helps.
MSR tech support told me that the Duo doesn’t have the over temp shut off like the windburner because the canister is remote. Strange because the OP conditions sound a lot like this safety feature being tripped