MT Alternate List

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
Question- this seems like a good post to put it in as someone likely knows- if I purchased a point towards my big game combo tag and didn’t get drawn-do I receive another point for not getting drawn? Therefore next year if I purchase the extra point I’ll have the max of 3?
If you purchased a point this year, next year you can purchase another and go into it with 2. You cannot acquire 2 points in one year if that is what you are asking.

serorem

FNG
Started 306, at 138 today. Hopefully the 137 in front of me miss the email 😂. Was hoping to get one before my scheduled hunt dates on 9/19 but doubtful. We may see a slug of them returned right after the first of sept.

Turkeygetpwnd38

WKR
Classified Approved
I jumped from 101 to 81 today, 8/26…. Just close enough to keep hope alive but not sure it’ll make it….

I jumped from 101 to 81 today, 8/26…. Just close enough to keep hope alive but not sure it’ll make it....
Be encouraged!

Based on the last 3 years of MT tag refunds, approx half the Alternate List hunters decline the tag.

So if 200 tags are returned this year for re-issue, approx 400 on the Alternate List will be offered a tag.

If you started in the mid-300s you can plan on getting the offer though the offer's timing has a different appeal for an elk tag vs mule deer.

Sanchez

Lil-Rokslider
For the big game combo I went from 489 as I recall to 138 the last I looked. I would still like the deer tag, but it is getting late for Montana elk for me. I would probably decline if my number comes up.

Got an update from FWP earlier today.

Looking at the Deer Combo A-List numbers to date (10/28), 188 deer tag refunds have been submitted. Of the 188, 134 A-Listers have purchased the tag. That's 71% accepting the tag vs approx 50% accepting the tag in 2019, 20, 21. For Deer Combo in 2022, looks like you'll need a starting number under 230 or so to expect the tag offer by the end of deer season in late NOV.

Dirtscoots

Lil-Rokslider
My wife was 34 for deer and not offered the tag until end of September. Unfortunately wasn’t enough time for us to arrange child care. I really expected it to come a lot sooner.