MT Antelope Thread

Brendan

WKR
Sounds like everyone applied for the same unit, no wonder none of us drew... Applied 007-20, and 007-30, struck out on both. Had two points for the buck tag, 1 for the B tag.

No worries, I've got a bunch of Wyoming tags to focus on after my Elk hunt. Even if some of them are tough leftovers.

MTJake

Lil-Rokslider
No dice this year on A or B tags. Waiting for the surplus list to come out...

Mt Al

WKR
007-20!! Just FYI, there are no antelope out there, save your gas, time and shoe leather. Plus, my brother's neighbor's cousin's wife's boyfriend's daughter's father's dog's trainer said Covid spreads way faster in Eastern Montana, plus there are roving bands of robbers and mean people around every sage brush. My advice: stay home, stay safe.

Drew 007-20. Should be fun. Don’t know a ton about the unit. Hunted there for a deer before is all. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

elkhuntrr75

Lil-Rokslider
Drawing is in process boys and girls! Fingers crossed!

Drew 481-20. I cannot hunt it till the end of October and the first week of November.

Just curious do you think that there will be a lot of snow at that time of year? and how tough will be hunting be that late? Greatly appreciate any tips/ information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hobbes

WKR
Sounds like everyone applied for the same unit, no wonder none of us drew... Applied 007-20, and 007-30, struck out on both. Had two points for the buck tag, 1 for the B tag.

No worries, I've got a bunch of Wyoming tags to focus on after my Elk hunt. Even if some of them are tough leftovers.

007 tags cover all of Region 7 and offers the most tags and a significant amount of public land and BMAs, so a large percentage of resident antelope hunters put in for those tags. NRs put in for it for the same reasons.

Scottf270

WKR
No buck tags for my nephew and I. Headed into next year with 3 points now. I'll be retired by next year so I will have the whole season to hunt.

Brendan

WKR
007 tags cover all of Region 7 and offers the most tags and a significant amount of public land and BMAs, so a large percentage of resident antelope hunters put in for those tags. NRs put in for it for the same reasons.

I know all about the size and number of tags. Still funny to see everybody mentioning the exact same unit.

Reason I chose it was it was close to my Wyoming Hunt area...

PablitoPescador

Lil-Rokslider
Drew 481-20. I cannot hunt it till the end of October and the first week of November.

Just curious do you think that there will be a lot of snow at that time of year? and how tough will be hunting be that late? Greatly appreciate any tips/ information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last year I wasn't able to hunt antelope for myself until early November (other hunts and putting my wife on antelope on the opener). It was actually a pretty good experience and I got my buck. Most local hunters here in Montana only hunt the opener and maybe the second weekend so you'll find there's less pressure on antelope end of October-November as most people are concentrating on elk and deer. The downside is that's also the time of year antelope start to lose their horns so that may be a factor.

As far as weather goes, be prepared for anything. That time of year it can be 70 degrees one day and snow two feet the next. And if it rains or snows and melts, it's dang near impossible to get around on the roads out here, especially in your unit. Just know that if wet weather is coming it's probably time to get off the dirt roads and head to pavement unless you're okay with being stuck for a week. It's no joke.

Have a great time and enjoy the experience. Antelope hunting is a blast!