MT archery elk partner?

Sioux33

FNG
I'll be heading to Central MT for the first week of archery season and possibly looking for a partner, if it seems like the right fit. I've got a general tag and had planned on going solo, but it'll definitely help my wife sleep better at night if I'm out there with someone else! I'm from MN, 32 years old, work out all year and am willing to work my butt off to kill an elk (i.e., we put on 96 miles in 8 days last year, if that gives you an idea). This will be my 3rd archery season in MT, we usually have 4 of us that go but this year I'm the only lucky one and I'd rather be chasing elk solo than sitting at work dreaming about it. I typically wait till later in September, but this is the only week I have open this year. I'm willing to spike out or hunt from a mobile base camp, whichever gives us a better chance. If anyone's interested in teaming up, give me a shout and maybe we can make something happen!

Last edited:

Ranger619

WKR
It is too bad you are going the first week. I am from MN and am going solo this year too. I just can't go until the end of Sept. Good luck finding a partner. Don't let being solo stop you.

Depending on the week I may be interested. Never hunted MT, and I'll be on my way home from a bear hunt in eastern washington.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I would be all for it, but unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to make it out for archery season this year. If something changes I'll let you know though. For now, I'm planning on going out opening weekend of rifle season to try and fill the freezer. I ran into a group from MN last year over rifle opener. What part of central MT were you in? I live in ND. PM me if you like.

Jared Bloomgren

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am hunting central MT solo as well the first week. I love going solo though! Never know, we could run into each other! ;)

Scoot

WKR
With a name like "Sioux33" I'd guess you're a UND hockey fan. If that guess is true, I definitely can't help you! :)

LOL, actually I won't be hunting in a general unit this year. I do wish you luck though, even if you cheer for the wrong green team! ;)